Carry On Camping Eventer 2005

House Of Boo

Well folks, the car is already packed up and we're off tomorrow :D To hell with waiting for next weekend !!! Hope to arrive at the campsite Friday night (if that's ok) Meanwhile we'll take in the connoseurs end of the Lake District down at Santon Bridge ;);):o Se you all soon !!

Martin, Lynn and Maddie

PS: We just contacted the Campsite to make sure that it was OK for us to show up on Friday. The lady I spoke to was very nice but appeared not to be familiar with this event as a 'geocaching' event. They are aware of an 'orienteering' event however, which we assumed to be the same thing. Just thought I would warn you all in case you had the same problem.

Edited by Team Maddie UK

we should be arriving thursday lunchtime, once the caravan is sorted and the awning is up and a bite to eat and a drink we will be out, till dusk, quick wash and change then we will be in the pub lol............cya all there

can anyone give us a postcode for the campsite please.....dont know where we are going yet

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Going to be there Wednesday, Hopefully around lunchtime if I manage to get out of bed in the morning. Got a fair way to travel, as have others, so I might take a leisurly drive and not arrive till evening.

Aparently the rings of power is best done over two days so might do the first part on wednesday or Thursday

Have contacted the cache owner and they have given me some good info on the multi, so all hands to the pumps.

We are leaving home Friday morning so hopefully be there friday afternoon. Am kinda embaressed about our tent though so PLEASE no micky taking ok? :( It is bright orange and very 70s style (as you can tell by tent description we are not experienced campers) AND.........I wonder if the portable will pick up a signal?......because I just HAVE to see the big brother eviction and the daleks are back saturday night in doctor who !!!!! :):o

Have been looking at the camp site and area and it looks soooooo GORGEOUS...am REALLY looking forward to it.....SEE YOU ALL THERE

NES xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (GAZ who flies home Wednesday and LAYLA too ) xxxx

Just wanted to say Have a great time all next weekend....

We stayed at Burns Farm about a month ago and did some caching while we were there - Great views, great caches, and a lovely site.....

I know you'll love it too!

(I'm just jealous!)

Here we are folks the line up for next week's camping event:-

HofB (the dis-organisers of this event!!)

Phillimore Clan

Andybug & Ladybird

Sparticus

Mongoose39uk

Us4andJess

Fruity&Doggit

Bedlington Duo

Mattwaggie

Steve Ball

Wetherspooners

The Collie Wobbles

Lord Elph

Alma

Gaz, Nes & Layla

M1EYO

Pengy & Tigger

Fuzzy Badgers

Lowlander99

Team Maddie

Pid

Cavetroll & Joan

The CacheHoppers

Pinza

Look forward to seeing all the smiling faces soon! Pray for sunshine, people, and have a safe journey!

House Of Boo

(PS - we are now about to leave for the Lake District so there may be a delay for us to reply to any queries, posts, emails :) )

Edited by House Of Boo

WOOHEY, getting excited now.

Just spoken to the very nice lady at the campsite and stated I was from the 'orienteering event' (Thanks team maddie).

If arriving by caravan then can you please park on the road befor entering the site as it is quite wet apparently and they would like to show you to your pitch. The lady stated that you would have to walk to the farmhouse first.

Not sure about having to do any walking. :o:(:)

Look forward to seeing all the smiling faces soon! Pray for sunshine, people, and have a safe journey!

House Of Boo

Looking at the bbc's 7 day forecast it looks like good weather, at least till thursday anyway. only looked up till then. The signs do look good though. Fingures crossed :)

did anyone notice on the campsites website

"no noise after10.30 pm"

Not to worry, me and my mate Marcel Marceau will be up until the early hours pushing against invisible glass and floating around the campsite holding balloons ordinary folk can't see.

"no noise after10.30 pm"

I think we maybe the only ones there. If so the only people we'll be disturbing is us.

Also I've heard Mrs Philimore Clan makes popoff noises during the night. Not sure if this information is true or just rumor. :rolleyes:

"no noise after10.30 pm"

I think we maybe the only ones there. If so the only people we'll be disturbing is us.

Also I've heard Mrs Philimore Clan makes popoff noises during the night. Not sure if this information is true or just rumor. :o

Oh, It's true

Duck and takes cover

Mr phillimore Clan

Just spoke to Peter on the phone, it all sounds fantastic, I can't wait to get there now!

Is anyone else going to the event planning on doing Quest for the Ring? If you are add a message to the thread to let Peter know what time you think you'll be arriving. As it's easily a two-day cache, getting a start on Friday will be a good plan to avoid disappointment!

:D:D:ph34r::lol: Yaay-only 2 more days at work, we are really excited now!!!!!!

We are going to give the quest a miss-we want to go up Scafell(weather permitting) and also bash out a load of the other caches that are up there (not that we're numbers people or anything :o ).

Look forward to seeing you all soon, did I mention that we are really excited now?!!!!!!! :(:D;):D

"no noise after10.30 pm"

Also I've heard Mrs Philimore Clan makes popoff noises during the night. Not sure if this information is true or just rumor. :o

Oh, It's true

Duck and takes cover

Mr phillimore Clan

Not forgetting to mention the snoring, eh John :( !

"no noise after10.30 pm"

Oh, It's true

Duck and takes cover

Mr phillimore Clan

Not forgetting to mention the snoring, eh John ;) !

Couldn't possibly (dare) comment :(

Just two Cache Hoppers attending .... Lauren and Liane. We will be setting off early from Berks on Friday morning - not sure what time we are likely to get there, it's probably a five hour drive without breaks, so sometime during the afternoon. Will there be anyone on site when we get there? If not, where will you all be!!?? Anyone who wants to email us their mobile numbers please do so and we will reciprocate. Are most people climbing Scafell on Saturday or Sunday? The Quest looks a bit much for us :)

Oh and by the way, we don't make pop off noises or snore, so far as we know! :)

Oh how fed up am I????? :)

My Mum has just called me and has managed to book her and my dad onto Burns Farm this weekend... they have done a few caches with us, and were going to the lakes anyway... when I told her you lot would be there - she's almost beside herself with excitement now!!!

If you see John and Linda (Sandiway Searchers) looking a bit lost with a shiny new Etrek in hand, adopt them!!