Jeremy, Can You Fix This?

Oakley1975

When I hit "Newest in (New Brunswick in my case)" on my cache page, it brings up all the newest caches in New Brunswick.... but not in any particular order. I would like to see them in order of distance from my home co-ords...

I hope this topic has not allready been discussed, as I didnt search the forum for it...

Thanks, Oakley1975

I don't think there's anything to "fix" since they are supposed to show up in chronological order. That view is the only way to sort out caches in an area in chronological order. That is a "particular order" that I use frequently.

Since you are a premium member, why not create a PQ for caches within X miles of your home coordinates, that are new within the past 7 days (or even "have not been found" if you are an FTF chaser)? Then, select the option to preview the query results on the nearest cache (search results) page. Then, bookmark this page and check it however often you'd like.

A more elaborate explanation of this, along with some added bells 'n whistles, is available at Geocacher U.

There is a way to do that with pocket queries.

Make a query of the cache types you want, select by your desired location (lat-lon) or postal code and select "New within the last week".

Save this query but don't run it yet.

Preview the query to make sure it contains what you want.

This will sort the caches , submitted in the last week, by distance.

You can bookmark the preview so that you can look at it any time.

Hope this helps!