Taxidermy Cache

mrking

There is a very creative series of 20 or so caches that are all bird themed. There's owls sitting in trees with cache containers inside them, all the way down to hummingbird-house micros. The one I recall most vividly was a birdhouse hide, done after finding a dozen or so other birdhouse hides. I nonchalantly opened the front of the birdhouse to retrieve the cache container, and there was... A BIRD! I jumped back, and it took me a few minutes to realize that the bird was stuffed.

There is a very creative series of 20 or so caches that are all bird themed. There's owls sitting in trees with cache containers inside them, all the way down to hummingbird-house micros. The one I recall most vividly was a birdhouse hide, done after finding a dozen or so other birdhouse hides. I nonchalantly opened the front of the birdhouse to retrieve the cache container, and there was... A BIRD! I jumped back, and it took me a few minutes to realize that the bird was stuffed.

That is great! I had a good laugh... no doubt they planned it so you would be shocked when you opened it. <_<

Now the wildlife have one more reason to worry. It's got to be disheartning to know that someone may one day hunt you down and kill you just so they can stick a 35mm film canister up your a** <_<

El Diablo

Well, in that same series of caches Lep mentioned above, there was one almost like that.

It was a crow handpuppet, up in a tree, with a cache up it's a** bu** place where you would put your hand on a handpuppet. :lol:

The rules we were playing by in our little group was the last person to spot the cache had to retrieve/replace it. Thank goodness i wasn't last on this one!

Edited by Mopar

I have found my share of Ceramic Frogs, Hedgehogs, Rabbits, and a Fox. I even had to wrestle a cache out of the mouth of a Collard Lizard.

I like the idea of making someone jump when they feel fur in a natural cavity.

The only problem is certain reptiles might find these cavities attractive also. My favorite Animal themed cache was a Bronze Warthog that you had to fondle in order to get a micro.

Edited by Kit Fox
The one I recall most vividly was a birdhouse hide, done after finding a dozen or so other birdhouse hides.  I nonchalantly opened the front of the birdhouse to retrieve the cache container, and there was... A BIRD!  I jumped back, and it took me a few minutes to realize that the bird was stuffed.

not really a cache but a friend thought her parrots were nesting in a bird box because she hadn't seen them for a while she opened the box wanting to see the babies:cute:... the only 'baby' that was in there was a very happy 4ft carpet python. :angry:

Edited by Kybra