Geocaching With Children.

R&T4SURE

I've found that kids and caches just don't seem to mix well. I tried leaving mine in a cache once and all they did was complain. They complained about being hungry, they complained they were bored, they complained they needed to go to the bathroom. Complain, complain, complain! I tried to convince them they were having fun and should be happy they had parents who included them in outdoor activities. I told them that some nice person may eventually come along and feed them or even adopt them. Still they complained! I don't know about you, but I've had it with trying to enjoy geocaching with kids. :ph34r:

Mine is too big to leave in a cache(5'10"), but he does come to a few with me. He likes to do night caches(a chance to stay up late) and those that are a real interesting place preferably out in the woods.He won't do a long hike though.

I would never trade for one left either. I raised mine and that's enough!

Since no food is to be left in caches I doubt they would get much to eat.

Indeed, I hear ya B&T - that's why I always stash mine in ammo cans - to stifle the whines... <_<

Seems you can stuff them into tupperware containers too.

Left a whiny 4y old, a house fly and a lizard. Took praying hands and the cut off doll arm (HAD to have that once I saw it!)

They can last at least a month in one of those and it cures them of whininess. :lol:

Took 4 year old, no longer whiny, left nothing.

Haven't tried to leave our girls in a cache. Although, there are times when I'd sure like to. :D

Of course, they wouldn't fit in an average cache, maybe something larger - like the Project Ape cache. Another thought, we've got two, so would that mean we could only leave them at a multi? :D

Now that I've got that thought in my head........ Argh! Can't do it though, we'd have to change our name to the2Grays. :D