Learning About Your Fellow Cacher...

fly46

We're going to start a regular feature in Today's Cacher that centers around the 1k club. I want to have a list of questions that I can ask each person and have it be constant. IE, the same list for every person.

Here's the questions I had so far:

1. What was your first cache?

2. What made you start caching?

3. Do you have a favorite cache?

4. Do you have a favorite cache experience?

5. Who are your regular cache buddies, or do you usually cache alone?

Does anybody have any questions they'd like to see added in?

Why?

I beleive he said he would like to know for an article for Todays Cacher. Maybe some of the readers would like to read about the 'hardcore cachers'. :mad:

No silly, why do they do it? Meaning what drives them?

Um, duh on me. :mad:

Don't feel bad.. I thought that he was asking why we were doing this, too. lol

In addition to what GPSr do they use--

What unit did they start with?

have they upgraded?

how many units have they gone through...

I would suspect a lot of them have the same unit they started with, but I'd be curious to find out.

Maybe a question about 'celebrity' (too strong a word...) as in "Do cachers who meet you go,'So you're SirCacheAlot', or are you just one of the gang?" Not so much a hero worship thing, just a perception thing.

EDIT:speeling

Edited by GeoWorms

Have most of the caches blurred into one mass without distinct memories?

Do you think that doing the same kind of cache, for instance a micro in a guardrail, 50 times is a new experience each time, or just the same experience repeated 50 time?

How do you deal with the boredom, if any, of doing the same kind of caches over and over again?

Have you gotten to the point of no longer thinking "gee, wish I'd have though of hiding it that way?"

Point Gratiot Park cache

I was looking for a way to upgrade the firmware on my Merigold without using the cable (mines defective), and I stumbled on to this place. I knew this was a game for me.

Not yet.

My family and my first cache.

My wife, Wolf, my daughter, raven, and my son hawk. (we're an animal oriented family :angry: )

Bighorn Cache

I had just purchased a new etrex vista, and was surfing the web for some good topo maps. I ran accross this website and bookmarked it for a closer look later. Here I am

Their all my favorites :angry:

Cache La Poudre - First cache I ever did in the dark

Use to go with my dad, but lately it's just been me.

Have most of the caches blurred into one mass without distinct memories?

I keep my own log, apart from Geocaching.com with pictures. Usually after seeing the pictures it all comes back. Only 15 caches at the moment though

:lol:

How do you deal with the boredom, if any, of doing the same kind of caches over and over again?

I'm in this for the experiences, views, and get off the couch aspect. (Although I'll admit, half the fun is logging and managing the pictures since I'm a geek :lol: )

I usually don't trade stuff because I forget to take stuff to trade for.

What would have to happen to the game of geocaching for you to wash your hands of it completely?"

Something pretty bad would have to happen. But I can't quite place my finger on it.

How many times have you had to explain yourself to the police?

None so far. But I'm pretty sure that some benchmarks I've done near residential areas have gotten people a little suspicious. (I mean, when you see someone "pretending" not to look at you and then has her kids go in the house as she does.....)

I try to stick with caches that are not in populated or even well traveled areas if at all possible.

My goal: Just have a fun time (on the side, find all Geocaches in Colorado :lol: )

What would be an annoying geocache that would hardly be worth attempting? Create a multi-cache consisting of all fourteeners in Colorado, which you must find and follow the instructions to get the final cache. :lol:

Is anybody still reading this? I'd be surprised if you are.

I have 30 decent questions now - I was only planning on 15-20. Since people are now answering these questions and no more suggestions are coming in, I'm going to close the thread. Watch today's cacher from now on to see these answered by the top cachers in the sport.