GixxerUT

simple and fast, eh?

ok, I just downloaded GSAK

I opened one of my query files in GSAK

so I do Export, and create a .tpg file?

then on Topo, I "merge .tpg"?

the window for creating the .tpg seems kinda overcomplicated to me

but I like the waypoints having names on the map

shouldn't be a problem finding them by name on the GPXSonar when we want to see the cache page

now if the pocket topo only let me see the same maps with the named waypoints on them.....I could forget about ANY paper

Edited by GixxerUT
simple and fast, eh?

ok, I just downloaded GSAK

I opened one of my query files in GSAK

so I do Export, and create a .tpg file?

then on Topo, I "merge .tpg"?

Yep, that sounds like the right steps. It differs slightly depending on which version of NG Topo, although the GSAK export step is the same.

the window for creating the .tpg seems kinda overcomplicated to me

Well, you can basically click Okay on it and accept the default settings. Once you've used GSAK for a while, you come to appreciate they flexibility of those export screens. Once you get them set up the way you want, you never need to change them and it's just a simple click to accept the current settings.

now if the pocket topo only let me see the same maps with the named waypoints on them.....I could forget about ANY paper

I've always wanted to see the pocket topo in action. No user wappoints with labels, huh? Bummer.

--Marky

I've always wanted to see the pocket topo in action. No user wappoints with labels, huh? Bummer.

so far I don't see the point in having it

if you want to load the level 5(1:24000) details onto the PPC, then you have to go to that level on your PC screen.....so once you export THAT screen over to the PPC, it isn't a very large area.

and no, it doesn't export the waypoints that are showing on the map

or maybe I am just not doing it right

If you want to have a copy of the Topo with waypoints on your PDA, use the File>Export to disk> and choose .pdf format. Then send the .pdf file to your PDA. I use a Sony with 320x320 color screen and you can zoom in or out in the .pdf viewer.

thanks! what a great trick

I was surprised at how detailed the zooms were

If you want to have a copy of the Topo with waypoints on your PDA, use the File>Export to disk> and choose .pdf format. Then send the .pdf file to your PDA. I use a Sony with 320x320 color screen and you can zoom in or out in the .pdf viewer.

I don't see the .pdf format. All of the formats I see are various types of images.

Correction to my earlier post. I meant to say jpeg format. I guess I have working with .pdf too much lately. Sorry for the confusion.

The sequence in TOPO is to select print, choose your zoom and area to print, then go to the File, Export to disk, and choose your image type.