What Do You Do With Old Logbooks?

Thot

I'm with the Dog on this one. Put 'em online. They're often kind of neat to read (if they're legible) and in the cache they are liable to be lost, stolen, or destroyed by elements.

I scan the pages and post on the cache page:

167850_200.jpg

And I even did that for a cache which wasn't mine, but for which I did some much needed maintenance:

adb0744f-75a6-4cb8-bcaf-11819ff86701.jpg

3f4c2b24-cf61-43a9-9dd2-f56ad9d0ca4f.jpg

0f6e7431-8837-43de-8ad3-510c76661654.jpg

Same with cache cameras. I wish folks would make the cache camera pictures available online. Of the 30 or so self-portraits I've taken at caches, I've only seen two or three of them.

Jamie

I always thought it would be kinda neat to have a Geocaching "museum" where old logbooks, famous caches, travel bugs, etc. could go after they were retired. I have no idea where this would be located or who would take care of this. But it would be nice to have some sort of repository for these items so they would not end up in the trash at some point.

Just a thought I had one day at work when I was supposed to be working. :rolleyes:

I was kind of confused when I used up my first logbook ("now what?!?!"). I just brought a new one and left the old one in the cache for 'archival' purposes. When the weather is decent and I have the time, I like to read old logs in caches. I didn't see any reason I needed to keep the logbook for myself.

I had one logbook that got ruined by a leaky container, and that is just buried on the messy shelf with the rest of my geocaching stuff. :rolleyes:

Although I haven't experienced a filled log book, I imagine I would probably save the book. On occassion I've had to opportunity to review the logs to caches I've done and people don't neccessarily write the same info on the online log.

I probably would scan a few of the choice logs and post them as part of the cache pics.