What is the maximum allowed length of comments

Cachealot

Can someone tell me...

What is the maximum allowed length of comments when you log a find. I've searched the site and the forums and I couldn't find an answer.

And yes, I get wordy sometimes. All I know is that apparently 900 words is too much icon_smile.gif

I also know that storage costs money. That's one of the reasons I'm a premium member.

According to a September email conversation I had with Jeremy, 4000 characters is the limit.

what's a bit confusing is that I think that includes your log header and other things... so the amount you type probably has to be around 3900 or something. A few of us (yrium) tried to figure the limit through trial and error, but our results were inconclusive. It seemed that sometimes the system would accept the log, and sometimes it wouldn't.

Jamie

I don't think I'm going to read that far...

So you can save many word by just not typing them.

Actually 250 word or less should really be enough to say "I found it"..

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Dale_Lynn:

I don't think I'm going to read that far...

So you can save many word by just not typing them.

Actually 250 word or less should really be enough to say "I found it"..

I tired fairly early in my geocaching career of reading and writing 1-line logs. When I'd cache, I'd have a lot of fun, but my log (and most others') would only mention the find. I then read a few of yrium's logs, and although I'm far from the talent of yrium, I decided I could tell about my hunts with more detail.

You'll find that most of my logs are pretty close to the 4000-character limit. Sorry to make you read all that, Dale.

If I ever get the opportunity to find one of your caches, I'll be sure to write no more than "Thanks for the cache."

Jamie