Any help in western CT?

spark363

I'm looking for a little help here in buying my first GPS. I don't want to start out by buying one and then seeing another that would suit me better. I'm not against paying some money for one but really need to play with a couple of different ones to get a feel for what I would want. Does anyone know of a place where the staff is knowledgable and there is a varity of GPS units to pick from. Maybe even some local help from someone with some knowledge and a little hand holding. I'm in the Danbury area. Thanks.

Hi Spark,

I'm in NY just west of Danbury. Planet, a good caching friend is in Bethel. We get together often for hunts, you should come out with us some day and get a feel for things. I've got a gpsmap 76s and Planet has a Vista. Unfortunately I will be going away this coming weekend but maybe the next? I haven't really found a local retailer that is much help but there's tons of information on these message boards and links to useful sites.

Always nice to see new cachers in the area, welcome to the addiction icon_smile.gif