How Do I Find My Local Reviewer

Team_Buddy

I am looking to place a cache and i would like to ask the local reviewer some questions first about the spot i found so i can stay within the guide lines. this is my first one i am placing so i don't want to place it in a unusable spot. anyone that can help please let me know I'm in the northeastern part of Arkansas.

Write a note to Max Cacher, the volunteer reviewer for Arkansas. Thank you for being smart and asking your questions in advance; we wish more people would do that.

For anyone else reading, if you are not sure who to contact with a local reviewer question, just send an e-mail to the contact at geocaching dot com address and it will be forwarded to the correct volunteer.

31 minutes ago, beardie123 said:

Looking how to contact my local reviewer.

See the Help Center article Contact your local reviewer

32 minutes ago, beardie123 said:

Do I hide the cache before I get it approved.

From the guidelines:

• Place your geocache.
    • A geocache must be in place and ready to be found before you submit the cache page for review.

As soon as the cache page is published, other geocachers may search for it. You probably won't have time to race to the cache site and place the container before they arrive.

34 minutes ago, beardie123 said:

Should the cache be there for a visual.

Again, from the guidelines:

• After you submit a cache page, a community volunteer reviewer will check the cache page against these guidelines and regional policies. The reviewer does not visit the physical geocache location as part of the review process.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2005 at 2:55 PM, Keystone said:

Write a note to Max Cacher, the volunteer reviewer for Arkansas. Thank you for being smart and asking your questions in advance; we wish more people would do that.

For anyone else reading, if you are not sure who to contact with a local reviewer question, just send an e-mail to the contact at geocaching dot com address and it will be forwarded to the correct volunteer.

As this is a very old thread that got bumped, I'm posting just to caution readers NOT to follow my advice from 2005.  Max Cacher has, sadly, passed on to finding caches in heaven.  And, the method for writing to Geocaching HQ is now via the Help Center.

Follow niraD's advice, which is both current and accurate.  Thank you to niraD for the helpful answer.