Best Sunset??

johmer79

Hey fellow geocachers....I have a question for all of you.

In your opinion, which cache would be the best one to experience an amazing sunset? Let me know what your experiences have been, or what you may have heard from others.

Maybe we can even think about a new cache location that would be a perfect spot. ;)

which cache would be the best one to experience an amazing sunset?

My son and I went on Sat, late . excursion to Stone Living Room in Bloomingdale, NJ, I believe it is. The whole thing is set up to watch sunsets. The Stone Chairs all face west and there is a clear view for miles. Apparently this has been going on for years. You want a good sunset, try Cape Cod Bay from Chase Creek Garden, I think it is called.

which cache would be the best one to experience an amazing sunset?

My son and I went on Sat, late . excursion to Stone Living Room in Bloomingdale, NJ, I believe it is. The whole thing is set up to watch sunsets. The Stone Chairs all face west and there is a clear view for miles. Apparently this has been going on for years. You want a good sunset, try Cape Cod Bay from Chase Creek Garden, I think it is called.

SLR is one of the few overlooks in northern NJ that I can think of with a good westerly view. Most views seem to be to the east.

Hey fellow geocachers....I have a question for all of you.

In your opinion, which cache would be the best one to experience an amazing sunset? Let me know what your experiences have been, or what you may have heard from others.

Maybe we can even think about a new cache location that would be a perfect spot. ;)

I don't know about best sunset, but 7 Mts. Patch has a beautiful sunrise.

Photos? Anyone have photos?

My favorite place, sunset in the Amazon:

Amazon%20Sunset%201.jpg

Is that a crocodile swimming in the river a quarter from the right edge?

Nope it's a log. You cannot see the cayman (crocs) unless you are 15 feet away, they only have their nose and eyes above the water. :rolleyes:

I did my undergraduate work in Oswego

I did as well, graduating in 1980. As a high school senior, I drove up to see a friend's sister, came down the waterfront road, where there were hundreds of people just sitting, watching this incredible sunset. Once it went down, everyone applauded. It made my decision to go there... (that, and the gazillion bars)

Edited by Metaphor

Cajeput should have a decent sunset, and it's not too long a drive from State College. If you go up early, you could do my nearby cache first. If you choose to do these at sunset, take a good flashlight with you for the walk back. From what I remember (did the cache a long time ago) the walk back from Cajeput isn't too bad, a good bit of it is a dirt service road.

A little bit more of a drive, but Thousand Steps should also have a good sunset. If you choose to do this one at sunset, take TWO good flashlights, just in case. You DON'T want to try and come back down those steps at night, without a light.