Ridgeway Path Caches ?????

Well, there's my Chess Themed Geocache No. 8 - Black Queen and Pid's Around in Circles at Ivinghoe Beacon, where the Ridgeway starts. Further along there's Christmas Countdown by Dan and Pid and my own Cache in the Attic, both of which are a walk up from the track on the Chilterns.

Then you've the Wayland's Smithy and White Horse caches, and quite a few in Avebury - Including a webcam which doesn't work because some druids put a hat on it. Or the lay lines killed it or something. Plus there's Silbury Hill too...

There must be many others though. Any suggestions folks?

SP

A quick peak at MM shows a numbre of caches scattered close to the path. We visited the Uffington area a few weeks ago and did several caches very close to the path - also there are many Trig Points within easy reach too.

When we were there, parts of the path were in a terrible state so very stout walking shoes or boots are essential.

greetings 2202,

i will go regardless,the ridgeway is a 2 times yearly pilgrimage to me anyway,Avebury circle being my destination :unsure:.the 4x4 brigade are living on borowed time in any case,the respective councils are gradually finding loopholes in the law aided by english heritage so hopefully the WHOLE route will be closed to motorized transport forever soon :unsure:.ahhhhhhhh bliss

bright blessings ..third-degree-witch

In addition to those mentioned, Segsbury Camp is also on the Ridgeway. Hackpen White Horse cache itself is quite a long walk from the Ridgeway so you may not want to take the diversion. However, you can solve the first part and then decide.

Uffington, Waylands, Jefferies and Barbury are all very close (or on) the Ridgeway. If you're visiting Avebury then don't miss those. Start with Windmill Hill and then take in the Inner Eye, Avebury Stone Circle, Silbury and West Kennet.

....now then SP, this wouldn't be a subtle form of advertising would it :o:D ?

Hell no! I just thought it was interesting how an idea can be placed in your mind months earlier, only to pop out as a plan much later. And how you can be utterly unaware of the seed being there at all. I wouldn't dream of promoting my Ridgeway Run caches here. I know the rules...

SP :)

<<< hangs head in shame for promoting own cache! :D:o

Maybe (if I'm lucky!!!) someone will have to give me a spank! :D

Is this really classed as promoting own caches? Someone asked local cachers if they knew where there were caches accessible from the Ridgeway, who better to answer than the very people who have set caches accessible from the Ridgeway?!?!

I can't see a problem with that :)

<<< hangs head in shame for promoting own cache!  :D  :)

Maybe (if I'm lucky!!!) someone will have to give me a spank!  :D

Is this really classed as promoting own caches? Someone asked local cachers if they knew where there were caches accessible from the Ridgeway, who better to answer than the very people who have set caches accessible from the Ridgeway?!?!

I can't see a problem with that :)

Aw! Does that mean I don't get my punishment?!!! :oB):DB)

Has anyone mentioned the Simply Paul series of caches - Ridgeway Run Caches!!!?!

Yes, someone has already mentioned the Ridgeway Run series of caches by Simply Paul.

If I don't go to Cornwall for a week in July, I will probably come to Oxfordshire instead and try to do the Ridgeway Run series of caches by Simply Paul while I am staying in the area.