Geo Dateline

With love being in the air and Valentines day just around the corner what about this (I have to say that I am happily submerged??) in a great relationship but there may be others who are not quite so fortunate :) ...

What about Geo dating? Not suggesting meeting at a designated cache (although speed dating event would be amusing in the wilds of Yorkshire!) There must be some folk out there who are keen to contact others of the opposite sex for friendship, companionship (I'll keep it censored). Maybe just someone to share a nice trip out with and who knows?

Perhaps all cachers are attached (or those who are not are happily unattached). Just a thought... I might play cupid even. You never know we might even get out first geocaching wedding. Remember it was my suggestion... now where's my hat!

Hmm. Interesting suggestion. Not sure how it would work though.

Has anyone seen this site? It seems to be an attempt to build a social networking site with some understanding of physical geography.

http://www.WhereAreYouNow.com

There are loads of these social and business networking sites out there now. I found this list the other day.

http://socialsoftware.weblogsinc.com/entry...524458

A.

Edited by esandman

I didn't say I knew how it would work - and the idea of leather thongs and other such 'get ups' would definitely be out up a cold peak somewhere - you could catch your death...

It would however, avoid the complication of explaining just what you got up to in your spare time (Geo whating???)

Could always have a 'lost souls' forum... for them who seek a mate.

And Rutson... not allowed if you already have a wife - there's other venues for such capers! :anitongue:

What about Geo dating?  Not suggesting meeting at a designated cache (although speed dating event would be amusing in the wilds of Yorkshire!)

You know, this isn't such a bad idea.

Potential "mates" could be rated in Geocaching terms ie: Difficulty - how easy they are to get along with or Terrain - marks out of 5 for looks etc.

No ?

How about some self assessments then

suggestion:

Difficulty

1. Easy to get on with

2. occasional a bit boring

3. Some grumpy days

4. Hard to live with most of the time

5. Complete arrogant, selfish, self opinionated Toad

Terrain (looks)

1. Stunner

2. Easy on the eye

3. Not bad

4. Poor eyesight helps

5. 12 pints Beautiful

Remember just for fun

My assesment D 1, T 2

Ex wifes assessment D 5, T 4

Difficulty

1. Easy to get on with

2. occasional a bit boring

3. Some grumpy days

4. Hard to live with most of the time

5. Complete arrogant, selfish, self opinionated Toad

Terrain (looks)

1. Stunner

2. Easy on the eye

3. Not bad

4. Poor eyesight helps

5. 12 pints Beautiful

What a can of worms this is going to be. Wish I'd kept quiet now.

I'm a 3/4. There. I've said it. :)

Well funnily enough, I know Loooooads of single blokes and no single women at all... no strike that, one single woman, but she is 'and individual' (shall we say). It could be my hobbies and interests which tend to attract more blokes than women, but then again, it could be some evil so and so somewhere is getting YOUR SHARE!! ;)

Right girls, what am I bid for an introduction to a 34 year old, slim fit, good looking solvent guy (his own teeth and transport), who has been geocaching with me once and would quite like to get his own GPS and get more into it. Location, Cardiff. Only a couple of careless previous owners, FSH...

3/4 I'm afraid - must be why I am on my own, or it could be that I have been in so many relationships that there is no-one left :rolleyes:

The other reason though could be that I have threatened to put a table of ex-girlfriends and their preferences on my web page :tired:

Well I think that it is funny :huh:

How about a different rating system? :rolleyes::tired:

1 point: own GPS

2 points: own GPS + cachemobile + good income for petrol and geocaching holidays

3 points: all of the above + lots of free time to team up to go geocaching

4 points: all of the above + GSOH

5 points: all of the above + a geocaching addiction

Being single and unattached obligatory of course.

Edited by Firth of Forth

Ooh that's harsh.

Some years ago my boss p*ssed me off big time, so being the total git that I am I picked up a contact magazine ringed a few local "lovelies" and left it in his glove compartment. Three days later his wife hadn't gone in the glove compartment, so I retrieved it in his presence. He was ashen faced, told me that his wife would have kicked him out on the street straight away if she had have found it. He treated me with a little more respect after that. :D

:D 1 OK :D 2 dont know about great income and have blown 2 cars up already...did shoot of to the Dam for a couple of days..does that count as holiday..only did one cache then went to cafe...big mistake :D :D 3 OKish :D GSOH look :D:D:D:D:D am i in there?. :D 5 forgot what the 5 was!!.......in real life put me down as .5 as i am pig ugly...beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and all that stuff
  Ooh that's harsh.

It is considering my other half was in on the wind up from the start :D , even the worms wouldn't let me kip with them. I should of known though :D , because if I ever tried straying for real, to say she'd have done a Bobbit is a understatment. :D

Add would have read "One disowned husband in urgent need of a female with major surgical skills" :D

Dave :D