Have You Ever Felt Out Of Place?

Once in Florida, me and my mother and my father were Geocaching at a park, but this was no ordinary park, this was a park mad just for walking dogs. The park was swarming with Muggles, and here we are walking on these trails heading into the woods, but one thing wrong, we didnt have a dog, our Geo-Dog Bandit had to sit this one out back in KY. And the sad thing is after having everyone look at you like you are an Idiot, we never found the cache. Has anyone ever felt out of place like that before?

I took my daughter up to this cache one of several we were doing during the day. It was a cloudy, rainy day so I was surprised to see so many cars in the parking lot. On our way to the cache I notice a sign basically stating that public indecency is illegal. There weren't any people up looking at the view, even with the weather still a nice view. On our way back to the car I noticed that there were people in all the cars and they were all men. I guess this is a VERY popular place for gay men to "hook" up. I see that the person that did the cache after me noticed the same thing. And no, I am not a homophobe; it just took me by surprise. Luckily my daughter didn't notice a thing. :)

One of our more uncomfortable Geocaching moments occurred when we pulled up next to a car in a four-space parking lot in a county park. Our SUV was tall enough that we could see down into the car, and a couple in that car were trying to ... enjoy the lunch hour?

We left, assuming they would stop messing around and leave, but they didn't, so we went back, and hit the cache. The woman watched us for a while, then they decided to leave. We were surprised that WE were more embarassed than they were. In a county park, around 1pm, and only a couple of hundred feet from a street. The picnic area was not secluded at all.

Anyway, the cache is here. We did find it, but that encounter raised the difficulty level a bit.

The first stage of a nearby multi requires gathering some information about a skate-boarding skate park. I took my wife and dog to the park and found that the only people there were a dozen teenage skate-boarders. Compared to them we are practically YUPPIES! Anyway, we were as quick as we could be obtaining the necessary information, then we got the heck out of there. We were definitely out of place there.