Geocaching.com Tracking Number

Craig333

Does anyone know how to check on an tracking number that you get when you send an email to Groundspeak. When I have sent an email I get an auto-response We have assigned a tracking number for this issue, which you will see in the subject line of email from us.

Then no more is ever haerd from them. How do you find out whats going on with the tracking number?

Usually it is pretty fast, but it always depends on the email question. I'll let OpinioNate know when he gets in on Monday to look into it.

So the tracking number means nothen to me? If not why send a auto reply me? I have sent the same email 3 times over the past week with no reply.

Uhhh, where did anybody say that the tracking number meant nothing? It's a number issued so that you can refer to it in follow-up correspondence. Lots of companies use this in their customer service software.

It is the weekend. Give them a chance to look at the e-mails on Monday when they're back in the office.

and who asked for your rude reply?

Uhhh, where did anybody say that the tracking number meant nothing?  It's a number issued so that you can refer to it in follow-up correspondence.  Lots of companies use this in their customer service software. 

It is the weekend.  Give them a chance to look at the e-mails on Monday when they're back in the office.

Good response Craig333. That'll get you lot's of help in this forum.

Usually it is pretty fast, but it always depends on the email question. I'll let OpinioNate know when he gets in on Monday to look into it.

So the tracking number means nothen to me? If not why send a auto reply me? I have sent the same email 3 times over the past week with no reply.

Speaking of rude..........

Uhhh, where did anybody say that the tracking number meant nothing?  It's a number issued so that you can refer to it in follow-up correspondence.  Lots of companies use this in their customer service software. 

It is the weekend.  Give them a chance to look at the e-mails on Monday when they're back in the office.

I hope your message now goes to the absolute bottom of the pile.

You chose to start a forum thread. A forum is a place for public discussion. I am entitled to add my comments within the boundaries of the forum guidelines. Pardon me for being helpful by clarifying why a number is issued, and reminding you that Groundspeak is a business that's open Monday to Friday.

Edited by The Leprechauns

You chose to start a forum thread. A forum is a place for public discussion. I am entitled to add my comments within the boundaries of the forum guidelines. Pardon me for being helpful by clarifying why a number is issued, and reminding you that Groundspeak is a business that's open Monday to Friday.

follow-up correspondence would mean that they reply to you.

Uhhh, where did anybody say that the tracking number meant nothing?
That is what I find as rude.

Jeremy, Moun10Bike seeing how this will not stay on topic plz lock the thread.

Thank you

Uhhh, where did anybody say that the tracking number meant nothing?
That is what I find as rude.

Jeremy, Moun10Bike seeing how this will not stay on topic plz lock the thread.

Thank you

So the tracking number means nothen to me?

But the above wasn't rude?

And that reply to someone who was trying to help you wasn't rude?

If that's any indication of what your emails to GC.com are like, no wonder they haven't bothered to reply yet.

You locked it before allowing me to respond.

The tracking number is to let you know that we received your email. As we have spam filters (and many things happen to your email when it is in transit to us) it is possible that we may not receive them. That's why you get one.

I don't know why your email wasn't responded to and as I wrote before I will ask OpinioNate when he gets in on Monday.

follow-up correspondence would mean that they reply to you.

...and they will. You just have to wait until they come to the office on Monday morning.

Please note that they're in Washington state, so "Monday morning" will be about noon on the East Coast.

Your email probably isn't the first one they received this weekend either, so don't expect a reply right when they open their doors.

(Craig333 @ Feb 5 2005, 07:25 PM)
(Jeremy @ Feb 5 2005, 07:04 PM)

You locked it before allowing me to respond.

The tracking number is to let you know that we received your email. As we have spam filters (and many things happen to your email when it is in transit to us) it is possible that we may not receive them. That's why you get one.

I don't know why your email wasn't responded to and as I wrote before I will ask OpinioNate when he gets in on Monday.

As the New England Patriots won the Superbowl last night, this must now be early on Monday. Business house will not resume for 5 or 6 more hours, but you can watch game highlights until noon.....maybe that'll be long enough.

Edited by Robespierre