Whcih Software Will Do This?

ICHTHYS

I have been taking my GPSr everywhere and logging my tracks to see where I have been.

I want to be able to constantly add my tracks to a map to see if I can hit all the roads in my county as I travel and see on one map everywhere I have been in one year.

What mapping program will allow me to do this and not replace the old tracks as I download new ones?

Just about all mapping software programs will allow this including Mapsource. I believe though that when downloading a track to Mapsource it will automatically open a new session. Once downloaded you would need to copy and paste the track to your previously saved file where you want to accumulate all your tracks in one file.

Cheers, Bill

Just about all mapping software programs will allow this including Mapsource. I believe though that when downloading a track to Mapsource it will automatically open a new session. Once downloaded you would need to copy and paste the track to your previously saved file where you want to accumulate all your tracks in one file.

Cheers, Bill

The problem with this is that the GPSr downloads the tracks identified as "Active Log", "Active Log 001", "Active Log 002", "Active Log 003".

Your previously saved file will already have the tracks stored with those names. When you download the new tracklogs into the old file, or copy the new tracks from another instance of MapSource, you will overwrite the old previous tracklogs!

To avoid overwriting the previously saved logs, you have to rename each individual log - change it from "Active Log 001" to something like "Active Log 1001" so that there is no conflict with the new incoming data.

Garmin's Mapsource will do it. You just have to open a second instance of Mapsource. In the first instance, load the file containing the tracks you've been saving. Use the second to download the tracks from your GPS. Cut and paste the tracks from the second instance into the first and then save the first instance.