North Puget Sound Cachers

LthrWrk

Hi ..

Decided to host an event for some of us to put names/nicks to faces.

Submitted as an event but dont know how long that will take for approval.

Kinda just a general thing to tell stories and discussion of geocaching or to solve world problems.

N48 24.441 W122 19.598

630-830PM Thurs, Feb 10th

Hillcrest Park, Mount Vernon WA

This is an open air but covered pavillion with lights.

Dress appropriately.. Bring beverages and snacks if you wish. No alcohol please.

Got questions? Post a comment or send email.

There is a conflict apparently with the WAGPS group having an event that same evening. I didnt know about it. So looks like the reviewer wont allow this one to be approved. No big deal.

If you cant make it down to Everett.. This small thing in Mt Vernon will still be on.

There is a conflict apparently with the WAGPS group having an event that same evening. I didnt know about it. So looks like the reviewer wont allow this one to be approved. No big deal.

If you cant make it down to Everett.. This small thing in Mt Vernon will still be on.

I'm not sure why an event in Everett would preclude one in Mt Vernon. Sure... it would be better to have them on different days, since I would want to go to both but....

There is a conflict apparently with the WAGPS group having an event that same evening.  I didnt know about it.  So looks like the reviewer wont allow this one to be approved.  No big deal.

I'm not sure why an event in Everett would preclude one in Mt Vernon. Sure... it would be better to have them on different days, since I would want to go to both but....

LthrWrk -- are you set on having it next Thursday? If not, maybe you can push it back a week which will give more notice to people who would need to make plans. That way it will also show up on next Thursday's new cache email so more people would be aware of it.

It would be a shame to have RWW be a no-show :rolleyes:

There is a conflict apparently with the WAGPS group having an event that same evening. I didnt know about it. So looks like the reviewer wont allow this one to be approved.

There's no issue with an event conflicting with another; it is just that events posted on Geocaching.com should be scheduled far enough in the future that people can make plans to attend. Reviewers look for at least a two week advance notice when reviewing event caches.

LthrWrk -- are you set on having it next Thursday? If not, maybe you can push it back a week which will give more notice to people who would need to make plans. That way it will also show up on next Thursday's new cache email so more people would be aware of it.

Or Friday? I'd love to come up and meet some of you, but Thursday late makes getting up at 3:30am Friday for work is the same problem I have with the WSGA event next week.

Cheers

Somehow I was not getting reply's to my original post. Caching up on my forum reads.

Thanks to all of you who attended. I would have considered 5 people showing would have been a success. Outdoors in a gazebo, cold, yet there were 21-23 people that came. So it was a whopping success.

The Park Manager apologized for not having the electric power on. At first I could see a disaster meeting without light. Thanks to HalfCanadian for being extremely well prepared. She had 4-5 lanterns with her.

Delighted to have met so many of you that warmed by the fire, mingled, and enjoyed the sandwiches, hot drinks and snacks. Best of all the this warm friendly crowd. Thanks so much for making this a success.