Where’s In A Name Gc3153

Barefoot

I'm in search of someone to complete the cache "Where's In A Name ?" GC3153.

My username "Barefoot" converts to 23133668

The coords can be entered either as 23.133668 or 23 13.3668

My first choice is the intersection of S 23.133668, E 23.133668 or S 23 13.3668, E 23 13.3668. It looks to be in Botswana, North East of Kang. I have no idea what the area is like, or if it’s even possible to get there. If that cannot be done, then any where along either lat/long will work.

TLCCSA Khutse Cache GCJRCT by tlc_4play at S 23° 33.417 E 024° 05.949 is the closest cache, 67 miles.

All that’s required is to visit one of these locations, take a photo of your GPS displaying the coords, some photo’s of the surroundings, then forward the pictures to me. We can then both log the cache.

Thanks for your assistance!

I am also looking for help in South Africa to complete the Reverse cache "Where's In A Name?" (GC3153). If you can help me out we will both get credit for finding this cache. My screen name is Batman and that figures out to be 23deg 26.26-.

Anywhere along that longitude would work for a location. If you can help me out that would be great and I thank you in advance. Please contact me through my profile to complete this cache. Thanks: #1batman

I would like to jump on this bandwagon as well.

My login is cobie which gives me a string of 26243 which intersects beautifully at S26 24.3## E26 24.3##, about 30km. NW of klerksdorp along the R503.(# positions can be substituted with any digit). But I would gladly settle for a spot anywhere on the Latitude (Luderitz, Keetmanshoop, Vryburg, Klerksdorp, Vereeniging) or the longitude (Lichtenburg, Bloemfontein, Burgersdorp, Grahamstown) Please let me know if anyone can do this, it’s worth a locationless-cache.

:)

Cobie

When I get back to South Africa I can see what I can do. North of Klerkdorp is a bit far but I can get on the Latitude just north of Vereeniging! This Latitude puts parts of the Klipriver next to the R59 well within reach! Some nice spots put a cache. I will be back in SA in two weeks time and them I will get my butt in gear and take some intersting photos AND hide one if you would like me to! I had in mind a position S26.24.300 E 28 04.739. This could change a bit when I go and look at the terrain but as per the map this is on the Klipriver and this will make for good photos and maybe a cache as well. (or does the rule allow you to only log it as a reverse cache?)

Edited by vandermerwe-family

I will be travelling from Alberton (20 kms south of Johannesburg) to Vereeniging on Sunday, 13 March and I check that on the R59 road we will be crossing this point at a place approx 20 kms from Alberton.

If no one else have accepted this by that time, I will be glad to try and assit you.

Regards Petrus (Team Warthog)

That's like so unfair, you guys are having all the fun and I have to sit at home and play with my keyboard. Thanks for the response though, I did not expect it to move this quickly, it is very much appreciated. Can't wait to see who does it first. Contact me directly via E-mail if needed. Thanks. :(

I'm on a drilling rig (Scarabeo7) off the coast of Nigeria. Will be back 23 March. Been gone since 28 December. Long time :( Getting a bit old for this now! Need to retire and do some serious Geocaching!

Thanks, I have a few planned for when I get home. Already done the research etc. Just need to do the final placing! :(

I am also looking for help in South Africa to complete the Reverse cache "Where's In A Name?" (GC3153). If you can help me out we will both get credit for finding this cache. My screen name is Batman and that figures out to be 23deg 26.26-.

Anywhere along that longitude would work for a location. If you can help me out that would be great and I thank you in advance. Please contact me through my profile to complete this cache. Thanks: #1batman

I have just completed this cache, Thanks to everyone who looked at my request for help! #1batman

Barefoot.

I hope you do get help soon. Unfortunately the only area in South Africa that covers that latitude is in the far north in a province known as Limpopo. There isn't too much caching activity in the area, and at present I'm not sure if there are any active cachers there. Perhaps try greengrassj?? I know he is still around, but don't think he reads the forums.

The Botswana locale is fairly remote.

Perhaps you could attempt to tag one of the namibian cachers, Walvisbay area seems to be in your general ballpark, so try out the owners of:-

Langstrand Stonehenge

or one of the cachers that has logged it.

Hoping you come right.

I hope some of the South African geocachers come to your aid soon - I read about GC3153 here, converted my user name, tagged a geocacher in Olympia, Washington, and had a find logged within 24 hours! Of course it helps that there are so many more geocachers in the US than in South Africa. Sorry I'm too far away to help!

Bats, if you have worked out your coordinates, you need to entice a geocacher in the relevant area to log the find for you. If you choose to make your co-ord a latitude, then he, or she, gets to choose the co-ords for the longitude. Use the links given on the web page for GC3153 to determine where your 'cache' is likely to lie, and then contact a cacher in the general area. In my case I set my co-ords as a latitude which ran through northern USA. I set my home coordinates on geocaching.com to the exact latitude and an appropriate longitude and then looked for nearby caches / cachers. I selected one at random, emailed him and got a very positive response. Remember that the rules of the cache say that you only get to choose one part of the set of coordinates. In this way you are more likely to entice someone to help you. It's a virtual find which you can then both log. Your partner provides visual proof of the joint find - a pic of his GPSr with the correct coordinates, and a pic of the surrounding scenery.

I hope that makes sense . . .

<_<

(I hope I haven't mixed my lats and longs. I set my coords to a Northing, if that helps...)

Edited by Goofster