St Georges Day Meet Chester/wrexham

As a fairly recent convert to this obsession called geo-caching, I enjoyed the opportunity to meet and cache with people on Saturday at the Thatch and Thistle meet. I found it funny however to be meeting with people from a hundred miles away and not to have got to know any cachers from my immediate location. I did wonder whether the best way was to organise a low-key midweek evening event in Chester, but after discussion with Mancunian Pyrocacher, he suggested that I ought to try and organise a Weekend afternoon event, because I was then guaranteed a few would turn up. I wouldn't then be Billy Sad-Pants, clutching three Macdonald's toys with metal tags attached crying into my beer.

So why the post?

Well I thought I'd better check other opinions before approaching the Pub. I am looking at a Country Pub between Chester and Wrexham with good food and children friendly (Dogs not allowed in the Pub - Sorry) and am thinking St George's Day (23rd April) 12:30 onwards

If a few are interested I'll get hold of the landlord this week and hopefully set it up

As I have only ever been to one event any hints as to pitfalls, problems etc. would be welcomed. Also if people think I should get my face better known before attempting this please feel free to put me off!!

Go for it - I too am suffering withdrawal symptoms three days after the Thatch and Thistle.

1. If there are no really local caches, try to place one or two, preferably within walking distance so that folks can come back and brag how quickly thy did it or cry that it was too hard.

2. Provide name tags with geocaching and real names (first only) or suggest that attendees provide their own, so that I will not need to ask your name when I spent a good few happy minutes chatting to you last time - its my age you know!

3. Make sure there is real ale so that Seasider will come!

4. Get it approved in good time so we can put it in our diaries.

Have fun! :rolleyes:

I did wonder whether the best way was to organise a low-key midweek evening event in Chester, but after discussion with Mancunian Pyrocacher, he suggested that I ought to try and organise a Weekend afternoon event, because I was then guaranteed a few would turn up. I wouldn't then be Billy Sad-Pants, clutching three Macdonald's toys with metal tags attached crying into my beer.

How the hell did I end up involved in two events - IU thought only MP was that silly

AAAAAgh missed it - I took his advice!!!!!

:laughing::rolleyes::P

Bob