Place It Anywhere Cache

Cal78

No restrictions? OK How about ......

Top of the antenna at top of the Empire State Building. (where King Kong hung on)

(called "King Kong Kache")

At the very tip-top of the Washington Monument

(called "Monumental Mistake")

Inside Mammoth Cave in KY (GPS reception a tad iffy)

(called "Mammoth Adventure")

At the base of Hoover Dam (rappeling equipment required)

(called "Aww -- Dam It") <_<

Within the wreck of the Titanic

(called Where's Leonardo?")

Attached to the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel

(also called "Where's Leonardo?")

In a flooded canyon in Tennessee which did not used to be flooded

(called "Squeal Like A Pig") -- how many of you will get this one?

Everest base camp. Had a chance to go there a few years ago (pre-9/11) and permission from the wife, but somehow it didn't happen. Been kicking myself ever since. Also a good place for a CITO, with all the oxygen bottles and corpses lying about.

Edited by TresOkies++
ahhh -- you may be right about it being Georgia.  I wasn't real sure.

Yep! :P & No! :P

The"Deliverance" River

Never been down it, but it has some seriously amazing scenery!!!

If I could place one anywhere...

Mine would be here...

28 59.000 N; 80 25.000 W

It would be named Flight 19 "The Lost Patrol"

Geeez! It took almost 45 min of searching to come up with thoses co-ords, and those were for a search plane that was sent out to look for them.

Never could find anyone that had a guess on their actual co-ords at the time of their disappearance. :P

D-man :P

Edited by gridlox
Area 51 - good one.

How about a floating one on top of Niagra Falls?

You have to do it twice in a barrell - once to grab the cache (and then go over the falls), and then a second time to put it back!

edit: typo

Actually there is a small Island just before the falls, called goat island. It would have to be helicopter only cache...

There's also an ancient rusty barge stuck just above the falls that might make a cool cache, again helicopter only.

Problem is neither US nor Canadian officials probably wouldn't allow a Helo to land on either. Not sure which side owns goat island.

Lynx

...28 59.000 N; 80 25.000 W

It would be named Flight 19 "The Lost Patrol"

Geeez! It took almost 45 min of searching to come up with thoses co-ords, and those were for a search plane that was sent out to look for them.

Never could find anyone that had a guess on their actual co-ords at the time of their disappearance.

The planes were eventually found in this general location: N 28 23.00 W 80 0.00.

Turns out pilot error was the cause. The bone headed instructor mistook the bahamas for the Florida Keys. There is also speculation that he forgot to where his watch, compounding his navigational errors.

Edited by sbell111
Do ya need a security clearance to find this one??

To visit it, probably. At least a darned good reason....yes, it is off-limits to most of the human race still.

Terraserver image

Interesting... What is it?

Well, just my first guess from the coords and the few hints, I'd say Trinity Site, New Mexico. Ground Zero for the first Atomic Bomb detonation. I could do a bit of research to see if I'm correct, but I'm lazy, and besides, someone else will either confirm or dispute this for me anyways :P

So, if you've got one there, I guess I'll place one here?

37º10.609N 116º02.785W.

Shannon

VegasCacheHounds

(called "Squeal Like A Pig")  -- how many of you will get this one?

Ok--You old guys on the forum have just gone too far this time--Insulting my family. Just because I married my niece and can play the banjo . . . . .

Why in the world did YOU marry her? Did your nephew get tired of her?

Area 51 - good one.

How about a floating one on top of Niagra Falls?

You have to do it twice in a barrell - once to grab the cache (and then go over the falls), and then a second time to put it back!

edit: typo

Actually there is a small Island just before the falls, called goat island. It would have to be helicopter only cache...

There's also an ancient rusty barge stuck just above the falls that might make a cool cache, again helicopter only.

Problem is neither US nor Canadian officials probably wouldn't allow a Helo to land on either. Not sure which side owns goat island.

Lynx

Goat Island belongs to the US and a bridge connects it to the mainland. You can get to the island by car or walking, there is a state park on it. And there is a cache there, too (actually on a smaller island, but still approachable by walking): THE OTHER SISTER.

I don't remember a barge anywhere near there.

You would have to have one at the origin

00 00.000S 000 00.000E

:P

Well, if you put one there, I will have to put one here

N 00 00.000 W 000 00.000 :P

The problem will be keeping it there.

Problem to keep it there yes, because Kybra took the other spot and fixed it on the bottom of the sea (scuba gear required). And now yours has to be placed some 160 meters away. Not easy this. :P

(called "Squeal Like A Pig")  -- how many of you will get this one?

Ok--You old guys on the forum have just gone too far this time--Insulting my family. Just because I married my niece and can play the banjo . . . . .

Why in the world did YOU marry her? Did your nephew get tired of her?

No, but my uncle did.