One Ticked Off Paying Cacher

Turtle3863

Kindly give the reviewers a chance to consider your cache submission and reach a consensus.  This usually takes about a day, as indicated in the note left on your cache page.

This is the reason that I was upset about this in the beginning. It has now been 7 days and I have yet to get ANYTHING back from the reviewers and Max Cacher has informed me that he is now out of the loop. Just like to be kept informed and not think this one has been thrown in the lost pile of caches.

Edited by Turtle3863
How is the cache in question any different in spirit from this particular cache that I have on my to do list. :anitongue:

Yeah, I know. Who pays the bills for this website isn't a small matter, but if I was passing through Louisville and doing some caching, I think I'd be glad to learn about the business history of the city, especially since I'm familiar (too familiar) with the product.

I think that the problem with THAT cache is not that it's commercial (not only is Groundspeak relevant to geocaching, but it provides the service we're using), but that it's for invitees only, not publicly accessible, and should be removed from the listings, like others cannot have a cache in their private living room. (I suggest that that cache be archived and removed from the listings, but remain logable for people who are incited.)

But as to the Louisville culprit cache - that cache has nothing to do with the business history of that city (or with it's social fabric, or whatever).

I'm a sucker for industrial history myself, and I'd have loved it if instead, we'd been shown some ancient production plants, now-obsolete logos, etc.

But as to the Louisville culprit cache - that cache has nothing to do with the business history of that city (or with it's social fabric, or whatever).

I'm a sucker for industrial history myself, and I'd have loved it if instead, we'd been shown some ancient production plants, now-obsolete logos, etc.

I guess my point is if there is going to be a cache there anyway, why not let him say, "That's YUM! HQ over there. KFC has always been here.... The original KFC oven is there..."

I'd like that more than grabbing a micro and missing out on where I was.

The logos might be a bit much. That's up to Groundspeak, I suppose.

While I was at lunch, it occured to me that companies may not really care for their logos being used willy nilly on GC.com cache pages. They may prefer to approve the use of their logos in this manner.

This issue may possibly be delaying the approval of this cache.

Turtle- Would you be willing to remove the logos in order to get this cache listed? Would you be willing to do a mild rewrite to the cache page so you are not using the company's own words?

Edited by sbell111

Turtle- Would you be willing to remove the logos in order to get this cache listed? Would you be willing to do a mild rewrite to the cache page so you are not using the company's own words?

Sure, if that is what it takes. I already plan on adding a little more history anyway. As of yet, I have had no recomendation of any kind from TPTB. I have no problem with tweeking the cache if asked to do so.

While I was at lunch, it occured to me that companies may not really care for their logos being used willy nilly on GC.com cache pages. They may prefer to approve the use of their logos in this manner.

Fantastic point.... I know the company I work for is kind of protective of their logo, and they are way less high profile than the ones in question.

We are talking about the same company that uses talking chihuahuas, Jessica Simpson, and flying muppets along side its sacred logo right?

;)

I hope everyone can agree that the final cache page complies with the Guidelines regarding Commercial Caches. The cache page reads a lot better. I much prefer Turtle's history summary to the corporate-speak that used to lead off the cache page, and the images are related to the history rather than looking like a magazine ad. Nice cache.

Volunteers go through this process regularly with other hiders. We are happy to work with you. This was a close case so it was kicked upstairs, and that takes a bit longer.

I hope everyone can agree that the final cache page complies with the Guidelines regarding Commercial Caches. The cache page reads a lot better. I much prefer Turtle's history summary to the corporate-speak that used to lead off the cache page, and the images are related to the history rather than looking like a magazine ad. Nice cache.

Volunteers go through this process regularly with other hiders. We are happy to work with you. This was a close case so it was kicked upstairs, and that takes a bit longer.

Yes the Volunteers do this all the time. Sometimes the hard part is getting the hider to work with us sometimes instead of just getting upset and stomping off.