Cachemobiles?

XV Pilot

Hi!

Hermitc and I were having a chat earlier today about cachemobiles, the vehicles we use to go geocaching in. I found it quite interesting that we not only used completely different vehicles to go geocaching, but that we also had completely different ideas as to what would be the ideal vehicle if we could go out and buy a vehicle dedicated purely to geocaching.

So, just as a matter of interest, what vehicles do you all use to go geocaching? What, do you like/dislike about it? What would you like to drive if you could? And perhaps most interestingly, why?

We'll get the ball rolling:

Hermitc:

Drives: Mercedes S-class, as it is very comfortable on the open road, great for reaching far-flung caches. Could do with more ground clearance though!

Would like to drive: Truck-based motorhome, to make entire weekends away cache-hunting less of a hassle to organise. Would also be better on rough roads.

XV Pilot:

Drives: Clubman class Baja Bug (VW Beetle modified for offroad racing), as it is a tough go-anywhere vehicle that is a lot cheaper to run and maintain than a 4X4, but can reach most of the same caches. Could do with a bigger fuel tank though.

Would like to drive: Unlimited class Baja Bug, same advantages as my current car but better offroad & with longer range.

The car I am driving is my ideal cachemobile. It is a beat up, paid off Toyota Corolla.

It gets me anywhere on any road, is reliable and gets respectable fuel mileage.

As far as off road, I really don't drive off road, but since the Corolla is paid for I could always make it do off road without caring too much if I felt the urge Not much ground clearance, but it's about time to replace the muffler anyway :D

Thanks for your interest, but this is not really a Geocaching Topics discussion. We have closed similar discussions and asked that you please discuss your vehicles in the Off Topic section. You must be a Premium Member to access the Off Topic section of the forums. It is hidden to non-Premium Members. (Search this forum for "Off Topic" and you will see photos of what Premium Members see.)

Sorry, but I am going to close this topic.