What's Your Fav. Cache?

velma13m

I liked this cache because i got theese two bead necklaces the beads were dice! This was also the first cache my grandfather went to with me! I would reccomend this cache because it is fun and has lots of cool scenery there! On this account i have not been there i went there with the neverlanders!

Edited by velma13m

The best multi cache I have found yet was ‘A Walkabout Town’ in Leesburg VA. The best micro cache I have found yet is ‘Lost Your Marbles’ in Middletown MD. The best traditional cache is a little tougher. The best one I found was called Loudoun Heights Cache on the VA WV line near Harpers Ferry. Sadly, this cache bordered national park property and was taken by park rangers. The best traditional cache that I know of that is still out there is my Dark cache.

I liked this cache because i got theese two bead necklaces the beads were dice! This was also the first cache my grandfather went to with me! I would reccomend this cache because it is fun and has lots of cool scenery there! On this account i have not been there i went there with the neverlanders!

The yellow text does not work well.

Can I say one of my own? Bay Look Out Point

We do not many caches under our belt, but knowing the area to work with, and caches found so far.

1signature2zl.jpg

Favorite: the Long Man of Wilmington. He's a huge chalk man carved into a hillside long ago (exact date is much disputed). A giant, spooky figure. We got there just at dusk on a windy, cloudy September day. While we stood there, a cloud boiled up over the hill and swallowed the Giant, and then us. We went home soaking wet from walking back inside the cloud.

longman.jpg

Second favorite: Sir Thomas Tom. It's a mile down an 18th C man-made military canal, created to move soldiers quickly around the South coast of England. Lots of sheep and trees and evidence of badgers. Halfway down, we heard a great WHUMP-WHUMP-WHUMP-WHUMP. We stopped and stared at each other, sure that someone had started an engine on the banks, or a deisel boat. But then two gigantic white swans came skimming down the canal, feet away and inches above the water, beating their great wings. Beautiful day.

canal.jpg

On my own, it's any cache, multi-cache or series of caches in one place that makes me hike farther and push harder than I probably should or think I can. If I limp home bruised, dirty, wet, cold, scratched up, smelly, and frankly exhausted, I'm a happy weasel.

Oh, wait. You didn't mean the box of junk I found along the way, did you? :D

Some of my favorites are as follows.....

Traditional- "CCC" Columbia SC Pretty rugged cache considering it is just off a greenway.

Micro- "Assets Frozen Need Cache" Columbia SC It is a MO cache but the unique way it is presented and the actual area of the hide are great.

Puzzle- "They Are Not Square" Charleston SC Very well thought out puzzle and cache location

"Alien Message" Columbia SC This has to be the hardest most twisted puzzle I have done. Not the normal crypto.

Multi- "The Voices Among The Trees" Columbia SC A new twist on a traditional multi. This cache is by Team Hikerman who IMHO has some of the best puzzle caches in the area.

These are only a portion of my favorites.....but I tend to be a wicked puzzle freak!

Oooh! Oooh! I forgot about CCC in Columbia!

That was the first cache we ever went off trail for. It was the first time I looked at something and thought "surely they don't mean for us to do THAT?" Followed by, "Well if someone else managed to do it, I guess its not impossible, so let's give it a try!"

The start of a long journey of seeking sore muscles, cuts, scrapes, and wet shoes!

OMG what happened?!...... If you don't mind me asking!?  <_<

Well, since you asked...here's my log for the cache. By the way, I never felt threatened, just embarassed!

Wow! What an adventure! Did I mention wow? Wampus Jr. & I left little sister at home today because I knew this would be too hard for a 5 year old. Didn't realize it was going to be so hard on me! We bypassed the vertical crack in the rock and simply went a few hundred feet back down the road, then angled up the mountain. Wandered around for a long time investigating promising looking places and just plain exploring a beautiful setting. The GPSr kept leading us farther up the mountain, but it just didn't look right based on Fawver's pictures. We followed the bouncing signal anyway. We stopped crashing through the woods, trying to get a fix, when suddenly...a voice calls out from above..."Can I help you?" Oh my, God was going to help us find a geocache! What luck! I lifted my gaze heavenward, about to say Yes Lord! when my poor ole sinner's eyes fell upon...a deer hunter in a tree stand. hmmmm...I thought God had sounded a bit perturbed. I tried to explain what we were doing, but he just didn't want to have anything to do with a couple of leaf-crunching twig-snapping deer-scaring geocachers. I apologized profusely and we headed back down the hill. We looked some more and actually gave up. Decided to call it a DNF and go home. But there was just this one more spot I had to check. It was a very small spot, so like any self-respecting father, I sent Wampus Jr. down the hole. He couldn't find anything, so I went down, too. Let me tell you another good name for this cache...fat man squeeze! We sat a few feet back from the window, admiring the incredible view. I knew this had to be it. Finally spotted a corner of the container...no DNF today! Wampus Jr. took a metal puzzle thingy (which he has solved), left a set of picnic tablecloth clips. TFTC!!! Did I mention Wow!?!

This one, because the weather was so horrible when I climbed it, but all I have ever heard was that the view from this peak is incredible: Tommy Jones

This one, because I walked 23 miles round trip to log it, then went to a late night party where I was expected to dance. (I hate dancing almost as much as I hate my wife's cat): LLambedr Fell

This one, because this is just a great local spot with great walks, and a wealth of caches in enough options to make you want to come back , again and again: Ruined Chicken Multi-cache

This one, a virtual, because of the language barriers: UFO

This one, because, though nothing special, it was my first cache found, and I just adopted it: Meteor Maven

but, honestly, I think my favorites will be the next ones I find...

One of my favorites is Bike 104 by Chilehead (GCK6EQ). Its near Rochester NY. Over last summer i was just really getting into caching, and when this came up i headed toward it in hopes of an FTF, not really knowing what i was getting into. I think it was my 2nd multicache ever. I got to the cache site after about an hour drive, and i noticed two other cachers right there where my GPSr was pointing, looking for it. I walked down the road to a gas station and got a coffee, in order to not blow my cover. When i returned they had left. I searched for a long long time and couldnt find it. I was about to leave when i finally spotted something out of the ordinary, and it turned out i had been looking at it the whole time! By that time it was getting dark and starting to rain, but i kept going through the next six stages until i finally got the final cache about 4 hours later! I also finally met the cachers i had seen coming back from the 4th waypoint, and this time introduced myself. It was also the first time i had met other cachers. Its an awesome multi with some great hides!

My favorite micro is without a doubt Egyptian Micro by WMSFresh/Peppermill 6-Pack (GCHYVH). Another good one is called Sand Hill View by A Born Bandit Man. They are also both in the Rochester area.

Some of my favorites are as follows.....

Traditional- "CCC" Columbia SC Pretty rugged cache considering it is just off a greenway.

Micro- "Assets Frozen Need Cache" Columbia SC It is a MO cache but the unique way it is presented and the actual area of the hide are great.

Puzzle- "They Are Not Square" Charleston SC Very well thought out puzzle and cache location

"Alien Message" Columbia SC This has to be the hardest most twisted puzzle I have done. Not the normal crypto.

Multi- "The Voices Among The Trees" Columbia SC A new twist on a traditional multi. This cache is by Team Hikerman who IMHO has some of the best puzzle caches in the area.

These are only a portion of my favorites.....but I tend to be a wicked puzzle freak!

:unsure: Thanks for the mention DiskDevil. Glad to know our efforts in creating creative caches is appreciated. I'll go along with Sissy on one of our favorites. Bradley's Bottom was one of the most exceptional caches we have found. Along the same lines as that one, The Elegant Fury of Paradise was also a memorable cache for us.