Microsoft Streest And Trips Problems With Emap

73highboy

i am trying to get my emap to work on my laptop with ms&t. i dont have a serial port so i have an adapter to a usb. it works great with my mapsorce software, but when i switch the emap to nema and try ms&t 2002 the curser jumps all around, if i turn on the gps unit after ms&t is running and try to connect then i get the blue screen of death. any suggestions, also is 2005 ms&t any better

This is what worked for me in XP:

First plug in the adaptor without turning on the GPS, then go to Control Panel>System>Device Manager>Mice>+>Right click on Microsoft serial mouse>Properties>General and disable the microsoft serial mouse (the drop down at the bottom). You should also update your driver for the adaptor.

Hope this helps

ok i could not get the serial mouse to show up unless i turn on the gps, then everything went crazy, so i unplugged the gps, plugged in a logitec mouse, disabled that then plugged in the gps, now it works if i click on the gps tracking, if i try to configure the gps i get the blue screen of death. so i wont configure anymore. i have a genaric adapter and i don't know how to update the driver for it. thanks for the help woggs1