Delorme Topo 5.0 Searches

slapshot52

I just purchased the DeLorme Topo USA software package. It has some great Maps, but does anyone know how to enter a LAT\LONG and get the map on screen to jump to that location? It would seem like a simple search filter to take a location from a cache page, type it in the mapping software and get it to display the location on screen. I’m a premium member and the maps on the cache pages are a nice feature, but the detailed topos would be nice to have on a hunt. Any thoughts from the digital map users in the crowd? <_<

I don't have the Delorme Topo, but my version of Street Atlas, you can go to find, advanced and at the find tab you can select to find a lat/lon location which should take you to the place you want to go, that is if the Topo product works the same. Hope this helps. Maybe someone who has the Topo will confirm if this is correct or not.

:) OK, I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but I think it's really more what you need. I use GSAK to manage PQs. Once you have your caches in GSAK, you go to the FILE memu and select EXPORT. From the Export memu select either STREET ATLAS.TXT or DELORME TOPO USA, SA PLUS etc. This will result in a screen which allows you to specify where you will export the file to. I have mine set to export to my desktop for ease of finding it. Once you have OKed this screen you can close GSAK. Open TOPO USA and click on the draw tab. Select import and follow the inputs to import the file you exported from GSAK. When you complete this, markers for all of your caches will appear on the map. I use the zoom in/out scale to identify the area I'm interested in and zoom in to the required area. I like to print out a map which shows an area with several caches.

Thanks for all the help. I didn’t realize there was a forum for just software related issue, I apologize for posting in the wrong forum.

After posting here I went looking for a DeLorme forum and found one! Imagine that :) . I got the following answer from a long time Delorme user:

On the Find Tab...

- Advanced subtab (on the left side)

- Find: = Lat/Lon

Enther your coordinates and click <Search>

You can control the different types of ways to enter Lat/Lon on the Display/Units tab.

Thanks again for all who responded.

:)

Thanks for all the help. I didn’t realize there was a forum for just software related issues, I apologize for posting in the wrong forum.

After posting here I went looking for a DeLorme forum and found one! Imagine that :) . I got the following answer from a long time Delorme user:

On the Find Tab...

- Advanced subtab (on the left side)

- Find: = Lat/Lon

Enther your coordinates and click <Search>

You can control the different types of ways to enter Lat/Lon on the Display/Units tab.

Thanks again for all who responded.

:)

Edited by slapshot52