Map 60c New Firmware As Of Jan 27 2005

Kermode

Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.61 (Beta):

* Fixed transfer problem with custom waypoint symbols.

* Now report DEM map support to PC software.

* Fixed lockup that could happen when selecting a Tracback point.

* Fixed shutdown caused by viewing some Marine Light points.

* Fixed problem with Indonesian Southern Grid using wrong longitude of origin.

* Added advanced NMEA support settings to support certain marine autopilot units.

* Fixed problem where the interaction with certain beacon receivers was not displayed.

* Added Select Map option for Address and Intersection searching.

* Fixed problem where waypoint depth was not being saved as invalid when it was unknown.

* Fixed problem where waypoints could not be saved in certain areas of BlueChart maps.

* Fixed lockup that could occur when selecting symbols for waypoints.

* Added warning message about removing batteries when Pressure Trend Recording is always on.

* Fixed lockup that could occur when approaching certain roads on the map.

* Added Jumpmaster support under Setup menu.

* Made the way intermittent water areas are drawn more visible.

* Fixed problem where compass pointer could transition to next turn too quickly.

* Fixed problem with bearing being adjusted improperly when projecting waypoints with a non-zero north reference.

* Fixed lockup that would occur when 'finding by name' and then viewing map information for the point.

* Fixed problem in tide charts where local time axis would not match the station time axis.

* Changed tide stations to show selected date when saved on a calendar day.

(From Garmin site web)

Plein air

From what I understand Digital Elevation Modeling (DEM) is where the software projsct your elevation without you actually being there. If you mark a waypoint a thousand miles away the GPS will know the elevation based on the map. From what I have read the only software that supports DEM is the US Topo 24k series.

Other than that, I don't know how it is used. Someone with more experience will have to chime in.

Anybody tried this firmware on a 76cs yet? <_<

It should work on 76C and 76CS

All firmware for 60C, 60CS, 76C and 76CS is the same file.

It has the same name, same size and same CRC32 checksum.

I have tested the 76C version on my 60CS without no problem.

I have tested the 76C version on my 60CS without no problem

So does this mean if I load 60CS firmware into my 60C it could unlock the sensors.

I can't imagine Garmin having to production line to make GPSr's that are only slightly different. So this would indicate to me that the 60C firmware "locks" the sensors?

Any input appreciated

I have tested the 76C version on my 60CS without no problem

So does this mean if I load 60CS firmware into my 60C it could unlock the sensors.

I can't imagine Garmin having to production line to make GPSr's that are only slightly different. So this would indicate to me that the 60C firmware "locks" the sensors?

Any input appreciated

I imagine that the PC boards are identical and that the boards for the C have places for the compass and barometric pressure sensors but that the sensors are not physically there.

The software is smart enough to either detect the sensors or to detect some model number information burned into ROM.

I tried to turn a Venture into a 1 MB Legend but the download program won't let me. I'm too scared to try anything more intrusive.