Tb Motel/hotels

Caledonian

I do a lot of travelling and often do not have time to spend ages searching for travel bug motel/hotels as I go. There are a couple of really good ones such as Forth 2 North TB Motel at the Forth Road Bridge outside Edinburgh. These allow easy and quick access to exchange TB's and to keep them moving quickly.

I cannot seem to find a simple way of searching for these, as i assume there is not a seperate category for them, or am i missing something?

Any suggestions will be greatfully recieved!

If you know of any good motel/hotels, that are cnetrally and conviently located here might be a good place to start listing them!

If you travel frequently, why not just go through the whole list and sort them all by location. That way, when you next travel to whatever, you will already have a list like this?

FYI, searching for Hotel won't bring them all up anyway.

I know of one called Rochelle, Rochelle, Travel Bug Flophouse - although if you're traveling over that way you might want to ask yourself why.

I'm not sure how much time you have between trips, but another possibility is to search to see what hider has placed several caches (make sure they've logged in recently so you know they are active), and ask them for cache suggestions near where you will be. You might be surprised how pleased they are that you've asked them for advice.

I know of a couple caches near me that I like to drop bugs. They are short drives in the city, short walks, easy finds and very muggle proof, they just aren't listed as Hotels. (Plus they happen to be in great locations as well)

I see you're a premium member -- do you use pocket queries and GSAK? If so, you could run a PQ for the city you're visiting, load it as a separate database in GSAK, then put "otel" in the name search. Any caches with motel or hotel in the name will be returned.

There's really no definitive way to search for the TB Hotels by name. Sometimes they are called hotels, motels, inn, spas, resorts, day-care and what-have-you. Some of the area geocaching groups have Web pages devoted to TBs and TB hotels. The St. Louis Area Geocachers Association (SLAGA) has a nice Web page.

(http://www.geostl.com/mambo/content/view/36/62/).

At the minimum, we could pin a TB Hotel topic in this forum where hotels could be listed along with Web pages like the SLAGA page.

I would like to see an extension to PQ so that you could query by the NUMBER of TBs in a cache. That would return caches that are TB friendly as well as hotels.

Please offer suggestions if you have ideas for maintaining a list of TB friendly caches.

:rolleyes:

Edited by pascal1947
I see you're a premium member -- do you use pocket queries and GSAK? If so, you could run a PQ for the city you're visiting, load it as a separate database in GSAK, then put "otel" in the name search. Any caches with motel or hotel in the name will be returned.

I would do something similar to this and create a few PQ's by searching on TB hotels, TB motels, TB inn, TB spas, TB resorts, TB day-care and so on and then in GSAK, merge them into one data base. Once you have them there, sort to your hearts content with the programs many features.

At the minimum, we could pin a TB Hotel topic in this forum where hotels could be listed along with Web pages like the SLAGA page.

I would like to see an extension to PQ so that you could query by the NUMBER of TBs in a cache.  That would return caches that are TB friendly as well as hotels.

Please offer suggestions if you have ideas for maintaining a list of TB friendly caches.

:mad:

Both excellent ideas!

In addition to searching for 'TB' in the titles, look for 'BUG' as well. Our latest Georgia TB Hotel/Exchange Point is called Bugs 'n Peaches Welcome You!