New Event Idea

avroair

For anyone that may be interested in doing a virtual tour of Washington, DC after dinner on Saturday night, I created a bookmark list of 20+ virtuals that should be possible at night, and are within 1 mile of the White House.

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...23-64432173cebe

My boys are really interested in doing this (provided their not pooped from the APE hunt).

On the car front, we'll be in a dark blue Volvo XC90. I'll have my wife's nice car since the windshield in my dumpy car just cracked clean across.

I hear the forecast is for snow Saturday, depending on the amount up by us we could be delayed. If it gets too late and we're not there, go on ahead and we'll catch up.

Some more tudes' for those that need them:

Wurtzburg Haus: N39 08.786 W077 08.750

Holiday Inn: N39 09.183 W077 12.697

By the way, Mark, I discovered why the interest in Washington, DC

Washington DC International Wine Festival

03/12/2005 to 03/13/2005

Edited by Quoddy

Hey guys I hope you are still planning on meeting chstress53 (Chuck & April) at 9:30 here

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ef-7e35146b72ef

Avroir's post "Saturday March 12th

8:00 a.m. Meet along the turnpike: Molly Pitcher reststop

9:30 a.m. Drive down and hit a couple caches on the way. Meet up with chstress53 at this Reststop (Although the cache is northbound side dry.gif"

We did not see our name on the list. But we are planning to go. We have to play it by ear though for overnight, but SAT is a go.

Edited by chstress53
Some more tudes' for those that need them:

Wurtzburg Haus: N39 08.786 W077 08.750

Holiday Inn: N39 09.183 W077 12.697

By the way, Mark, I discovered why the interest in Washington, DC

Washington DC International Wine Festival

03/12/2005 to 03/13/2005

DO NOT MENTION THIS TO MRS. AVROAIR!!! I won't even find one cache if she finds out!!! :blink:

An Update:

Chris & Joanne - Queens, NY - IMF16@aol.com (at Holiday Inn)

Kevin & Zija - Jersey City & Manhattan - Quest1962@gmail.com

junglehair & OurWoods - Rochester, NY - geocaching(DOT)org (@ Holiday Inn)

chstress53 (Chuck & April)

Northern NJ contingent:

Quoddy

Avroair

Mrs Avroair

dhenning25

Joisey Girl

Lakelady

Team Rampant Lion

Anyone left off the list?

So it's APEs at 3:00, dogs at 5:00! :(  :)

Can someone post the ZIPCODE for the APE area so I can put a Pocket Query of the surrounding area in?

Thanks

I ran a pocket query for 500 centered on the event location using only TRADITIONAL, EVENT, and APE cache types. This filtered out to around 480 after archived and not availables were screened. I'm almost certain these are the only type of caches that we will be going for. This gave me a very wide area when downloaded from GSAK.

I have a .gpx for all the caches (1260)in Maryland, if anyone wants a copy. :(

So it's APEs at 3:00, dogs at 5:00! :)  :)

Can someone post the ZIPCODE for the APE area so I can put a Pocket Query of the surrounding area in?

Thanks

I ran a pocket query for 500 centered on the event location using only TRADITIONAL, EVENT, and APE cache types. This filtered out to around 480 after archived and not availables were screened. I'm almost certain these are the only type of caches that we will be going for. This gave me a very wide area when downloaded from GSAK.

I have a .gpx for all the caches (1260)in Maryland, if anyone wants a copy. :(

Nerds!

See you tomorrow morning bright, cold and early. :(

I am e-mailing people itinery confirmations today, they are not set in stone and we could move around the schedule.

Looks like one hell of a caching day!

March 12th - 13th Geocaching Meet

Saturday

8:00 am - Meet along the turnpike:

Molly Pitcher rest stop: GCH0E1

N40 19.241 W074 29.418

9:30 am - Drive down and hit a couple caches on the way.

Rest stop: NJTPNPS: GCKRHM

N39 58.838 W074 53.366

(The cache is northbound side)

11:00 am DARK Cache: GCH1GM

N 39° 14.498 W 076° 44.937

3:00 pm - Meet at parking coordinates for:

APE Project: Mission 7: GCEF7

Parking area,

N39 06.897 W077 7.673

Entrance to park,

N 39º 07.110, W 077º 07.186

5:00 pm - Dinner

Wurzburg Haus

N39 08.786 W77 08.750

Red Mill Shopping Center

7236 Muncaster Mill Rd.

Rockville; 301-330-0402

Holiday Inn Gaithersburg

N39 09.183 W077 12.697

Two Montgomery Village Avenue

Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879

Phone: (301) 948-8900

Fax: (301) 258-1940

Toll Free: 1-800-HOLIDAY

Sunday

9:00 am - Geocaching

11:00 am 30 miles North of APE:

Maryland Meet and Greet: GCMMJR

N39 22.948 W077 24.108

1:00 pm - Drive back

Hitting Patapsco State park that afternoon.

1:00 pm - Drive back

Hitting Patapsco State park that afternoon.

DARK is in Patapsco State Park (which is huge). Originally DARK was going to be for your drive back but got moved since it technically makes more sense that way. Still may be able to hit another portion of PSP on your way home but probably not.

:(

The entire weekend was a real blast from start to finish. Doing "Dark" and then "Mission 7: Crab Creek" consecutively was the caching highlight of the weekend, for me at least.

A special thanks to Robert for being such a wonderful host to our group for the two days we were on his turf. Thanks, too, JPatton and L33T Hacksta for joining us on Sunday morning. Even got to meet a few of the massive group assembled for the Maryland Event for lunch.

I couldn't imagine any group getting along better over a relatively long period of time than our 11 vehicle caravan bunch did. Enjoyed every minute of it! Thanks to all that came and made this weekend so great.

Awesome! Like Quoddy said. Grabbing DARK and then PROJECT APE was excellent. We then met with geocachers from all over the region and beyond.

By the end I kept asking myself, was this just a weekend, because it felt like a week!

Our group was awesome:

Team Rampant Lion

Quoddy

Chstress53

Wet Knives

Dhenning25

Lake Lady

Joisey Girl

Crusso

IV_Warrior

Robert

All found both caches with:

Jungle Hair

Ourwoods

Jpatten

Adam

gnbrotz

Joining us for the APE

Huge thanks to Robert for baby sitting us. And thanks to Quoddy for maintaining a great caravan! (just follow the Big Red Truck).

Edited by avroair

Ditto Quoddy and Avroair. A pefect weekend in great company. I think Dark was my favorite right from the start - walking accross the swinging, bouncing bridge. Thanks to all the great geocachers from many states who made it so enjoyable and thanks to Mark for putting it together. Getting home without the big red truck to follow was tricky but we made it.

We had a blast. The two TRL spin-offs (ACE 2090 and TRL Conman) can't stop talking about DARK. I have some great shots of DARK but am a bit reluctant to post them as not to blow their cover. Lots of fun.

Thanks Avroair for organizing and Quoddy for leading. A really great event. Sorry we had to depart and miss Sunday, a birthday party with 20 screaming 8 year old girls was such a treat! :lol:

What a great weekend! Zlamall and I had much fun and met some great new cachers.

Thank you, Avroair, for organizing this event.

Thanks to Quoddy for leading us with the Big Red Beacon.

And Thanks to Robert for showing us around a very nice neck of the woods.

To those of you travelling anywhere near the shore, a word of warning . . . seagulls like bacon, egg and cheese on biscuits! :lol:

Edited by Wet Knives

Ditto, everything everyone said. This was an awesome cache outing over two days. Thanks especially to Avroair for organizing, Robert for hosting, Quoddy for leading, Team rampant Lions, Joisey girl, lake lady dhenning25, crusso, IV Warrior, zlamall, Jungle Hair, Ourwoods, jpatten adam and gnbrotz. Without you guys this experience would not have been as awesome. Thanks for the great caching experience. Will post some pics tomorrow.