New Event Idea

avroair

Yes, this is a GO, repeat this is a GO.

March 12th - 13th

Saturday March 12th

8:00 a.m. Meet along the turnpike somewhere (haven't figured out where yet)

8:30 a.m. Drive down and hit a couple caches on the way

3:00 p.m. Meet at parking coodinates for:

APE Project: Mission 7

Stay overnight somewhere near there

Sunday

11:00 a.m. 30 miles North of APE: Crash the party! Maryland Meet and Greet event

1:00 p.m. Drive back

The overnight stay is of course optional, and people can opt in or out of any part.

All other times between these are spent geocaching or sleeping (or both)

Edited by avroair

I'm gonna try and make the trek down from central PA for the weekend. I haven't done the APE cache yet, so I'll try to meet up with you guys at the parking coords. Of couse, I'll be hanging around for the MGS event, also. I've been to a couple, and always had a good time, I won't miss one if I'm in the area and/or have the time. :blink:

(Yes, I made a trip to MD JUST for an MGS event already)

Greetings, Geo-lings

We have not attended an event yet. Luckily, I have my daughter, Zlamall, that weekend. I am planning on attending. Is there a protocol to follow, other than saying "yes, sign us up"?

Thanks!

Wet Knives

if you'd like to attend our Meet & Greet on Sunday, please log a "Will Attend" note on the cache page. If you're talking about meeting for the APE cache, no need to do anything but show up at 3pm. :blink:

if you'd like to attend our Meet & Greet on Sunday, please log a "Will Attend" note on the cache page. If you're talking about meeting for the APE cache, no need to do anything but show up at 3pm. :unsure:

Just logged my "will attend". I checked at work, and can have that Saturday off, so I'm planning on making a weekend of things, doing the APE cache and the event. Anyone know if there's any good 'night caching' in the area for those of us traveling from out of state and spending the night saturday?

We will be meeting on the Saturday morning at 8 a.m. at:

Molly Pitcher (Cranbury) Rest Stop

N 40° 19.241 W 074° 29.418

There is a Rest Stop Cache there to get us going on the right foot! ;)

From there we can drive down the Turnpike into Delaware. If there are a couple of Travel Bug hotels and or suggested caches along the way, let me know. And onward to Maryland. We will then meet our PA and MD cousins at 3 p.m. to find the

PROJECT APE. :)

Will continuing caching then meet at:

Wurzburg Haus restaurant/biergarten for dinner and drinks :huh: around 6 p.m.

Edited by avroair

Found the A.P.E. cache on February 22. It is in good shape and stocked with some travel bugs and the usual swag. The log book is down to 5 or 6 blank pages. If a large group descends on this cache I would suggest you bring a new log book with you so you have some space to make your log entries.

An interesting cache - just keep your eyes open for muggles in the summer time. The park it is in looks like it gets very busy.

Yes this cache is definitely "road trip" worthy and the other caches in the area were ok too.

I was hoping one of you NJ/NY guys/gals that are heading down next month could bring back the Moose Antler TB back with you and hide it in NJ. I messed up, because it was supposed to stay in Jersey. B)

for those of you planning to attend the sunday meet & greet as well, the place/coords have changed so make sure to update before heading down. i'll be seeing most of you on saturday so can give you the new info if you need.

ski, long time no see, hope all is well. :( might want to put a note on the cache page for folks not to take it. not too long between now and the 12/13th so we should be able to rescue it and have one of the NJ folks bring it back.

I was hoping one of you NJ/NY guys/gals that are heading down next month could bring back the Moose Antler TB back with you and hide it in NJ.  I messed up, because it was supposed to stay in Jersey.  ;)

Another good reason for travel bugs to have a tag on them if they have specific goals! (And to think I am guilty of helping Ski hide that thing at the cache! :( )

for those of you planning to attend the sunday meet & greet as well, the place/coords have changed so make sure to update before heading down.  i'll be seeing most of you on saturday so can give you the new info if you need.

ski, long time no see, hope all is well.  :)  might want to put a note on the cache page for folks not to take it.  not too long between now and the 12/13th so we should be able to rescue it and have one of the NJ folks bring it back.

So let me get this right... you want me to carry an antler in a WMA back to my car!!! While wearing a gorilla suit :)

bigfoot.gif

d92f888a-fd64-4e19-8feb-a2887a1877e1.jpg

Edited by avroair
for those of you planning to attend the sunday meet & greet as well, the place/coords have changed so make sure to update before heading down.  i'll be seeing most of you on saturday so can give you the new info if you need.

ski, long time no see, hope all is well.  :)  might want to put a note on the cache page for folks not to take it.  not too long between now and the 12/13th so we should be able to rescue it and have one of the NJ folks bring it back.

So let me get this right... you want me to carry an antler in a WMA back to my car!!! While wearing a gorilla suit :)

bigfoot.gif

What's the big deal? I heard you dress that way for every cache attempt. :D

bigfoot.gif

What's the big deal? I heard you dress that way for every cache attempt. :D

Not Cool!

geico-caveman-insult.jpg

caveman.gif

Hmmm, We had talked about doing the APE cache as part of our caching marathon down to Florida for GeoWoodstock3, but this mini-event sounds too tempting to pass up. I'm going to see if I can round up a couple of other Western NYers to make the trek down.

Mark, I'll let you know soon if it's a definite.

Ok, count us in! Looks like there will be 3 or 4 (and possibly more) from Western NY that will be joining in the fun.

Jungle Hair, you will probably be coming down thru Pennslyvania, would you like to meet us there at 3 p.m. then onward to the festivities... ? ;)

I am pulling together caches for the way down and the immediate area.

If anyone (other than geokender and briansnat) have any suggestions either post them here or e-mail me. ;)

Jungle Hair, you will probably be coming down thru Pennslyvania, would you like to meet us there at 3 p.m. then onward to the festivities... ? :rolleyes:

Yes, we will just meet up with the group at 3:00 for the APE cache, rather than detouring through NJ for the 8:00 a.m. rendezvous spot.

Jungle Hair, you will probably be coming down thru Pennslyvania, would you like to meet us there at 3 p.m. then onward to the festivities... ?  :huh:

Yes, we will just meet up with the group at 3:00 for the APE cache, rather than detouring through NJ for the 8:00 a.m. rendezvous spot.

Junglehair,

If you will be coming down on I-81, give me a buzz. Maybe us Pennsylvanians can caravan down with you ....

?

too funny! the more the merrier to me, but the folks who have planned/arranged the Meet & Greet on Sunday are getting nervous at the numbers. there will be plenty of space, but last count was over 100 people! :ph34r: we'll be fine though... the room we reserved is for 85 folks so the restaurant is plenty big enough. we're figuring we might have to reserve the other part of the restaurant and let the "real customers" share the meeting room! B)

Edited by robert
Junglehair,

If you will be coming down on I-81, give me a buzz. Maybe us Pennsylvanians can caravan down with you ....?

MissJenn,

We probably will be coming down I-81. Team Ferret from the Binghampton area are planning to join me. Is there somewhere in PA that we could meet up?

JH

March 12th - 13th

Saturday March 12th

8:00 a.m. Meet along the turnpike: Molly Pitcher reststop

9:30 a.m. Drive down and hit a couple caches on the way. Meet up with chstress53 at this Reststop (Although the cache is northbound side :ph34r: )

3:00 p.m. Meet at parking coodinates for:

APE Project: Mission 7

Entrance to park,

N 39º 07.110, W 077º 07.186

Parking area,

N 39º 06.897, W 077º 7.673

6:00 p.m. Dinner (reservation for 25)

Wurzburg Haus,

Red Mill Shopping Center

7236 Muncaster Mill Rd.

Rockville; 301-330-0402

Mrs Avroair and I and a host of other cachers are staying the night at:

Holiday Inn

Sunday

9:00 a.m. - Geocaching B)

11:00 a.m. 30 miles North of APE: Crash the party! Maryland Meet and Greet Which is turning out to be a Northeast Meet and Greet!!! B)

1:00 p.m. Drive back - Hitting

B)Patapsco State park that afternoon.

Whew! I'm tired. B)B)

Be aware (beware!) that getting to DARK! is part of the fun (and difficulty) of finding the cache. Patapsco is a huge park, spreading itself out quite a ways. There's only one real way to get in to where you need to be. Not sure how you plan on getting back to NJ from Frederick MD but it generally doesn't pass where you need to be.

:laughing:

Be aware (beware!) that getting to DARK! is part of the fun (and difficulty) of finding the cache. Patapsco is a huge park, spreading itself out quite a ways. There's only one real way to get in to where you need to be. Not sure how you plan on getting back to NJ from Frederick MD but it generally doesn't pass where you need to be.

:rolleyes:

Sure it does! :laughing: If it's North than it passes...