Importing Waypoints Into A Delorme Map

jaboiles

Any ideas on how to quickly put waypoints into delorme street atlas? I don't think it supports LOC files, I could be wrong though. It would be nice to easily load geocaches in a certain area up so i didnt have to spend an hour imputting them first.

I know premium members have access to ebooks that package all the geocaches in one area into one file, id like to be able to do that with my delorme map file i guess.

If no one has figured out to do this, this would be a great service to premium members, Id pay considerably more than the 30 if i could get a periodically updated delorme map file that showed locations of geocaches in my area.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

can you elaborate a bit on how to export them to street atlas? I have an iPaq 2200 and have been able to export the waypoints from GSAK into a file in my PPC and also to my GPS. Now I am trying to figure out how to include the waypoints on the actualy Street Atlas Handheld software. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

can you elaborate a bit on how to export them to street atlas?  I have an iPaq 2200 and have been able to export the waypoints from GSAK into a file in my PPC and also to my GPS.  Now I am trying to figure out how to include the waypoints on the actualy Street Atlas Handheld software.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

This in info is for PALM, not sure about PocketPC. Maybe it will help.

GPSBabel will allow you to import waypoints into your PALM just like Street Atlas 8.

Get it here! GPSBabel

To import into SA 2004 HH I use GPSBabel as follows...

Input file: Location where I saved .gpx file from GC.Com.

Format: GPX XML

Output file: C:\Delorme Docs\Mobile Maps\Wpts Transfer\XMapHHWptsSend.txt

Format: DelormeXMap HH Native.WPT

Click process.

Hot Sync PDA and viola! Waypoints in SA 2004 HH.

Edited by sledgehampster

I received e-mail that the download for the LOC to DeLorme waypoint conversion software was not working. I apologize for the error. I fixed the problem, so if you tried to get the program, please try again. Press Reload to refresh the page when you get there to make sure you get the updated page. It is at My Webpage

Hey all,I have a friend who has Delorme Street Atlas handheld 2005 and she would like to import her waypoints from her Vista to her Ipaq 2000.but she can't seem to be able to do it. I would help but I am a Palm man myself. I assumed that Delorme for handheld was compatible with both Palm and PPC so what gives? She sure could use some help. She asked this question before in here but was not given an answer. That question was posed by Beach Comber originally. Thanks Haffy6

Due to interest from Buzzard 777, I created a version of the LOC to DeLorme Waypoint conversion software for Street Atlas Version 7. SA v7 uses Lat/Lon import instead of Draw file import. I don't own SA v7, so I don't know the mapping from Symbol to Symbol Number, so the program has symbol number entry. Buzzard777 ran the new program through its paces and gave it a good review.

Just for fun, I also added the capability to import a cache's web page along with its location, ID, and name. This allows a person to click a cache's symbol on the SA 2004 or Topo USA 5.0 display to open up the cache's web page. This is enabled by a simple check box on the conversion software's menu form.

The new version for LOC to SA v7 and the updated version of my original program to include web page hyperlink can be found at My Webpage

Edited by fw_ord

The new version for LOC to SA v7 and the updated version of my original program to include web page hyperlink can be found at My Webpage

Not sure what my problem is.

When I run setup I get a "16 bit Windows Subsystem" error.

"C\windows\system32\autoexec.net. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications."

I am on XP SP2.

Flooder,

I also do all of my stuff on Windows XP Professional with SP2.

I browsed the internet and found that your problem is not a rare one. Here are some links to forums discussing your problem. They say to make sure that the two files AUTOEXEC.NT and CONFIG.NT are in the directory c:\windows\system32\. I checked my computer and both files are there.

I copied the two files to another directory and deleted them from c:\windows\system32\. When I ran my setup program as you did I received the same error. When I restored the files to c:\windows\system32\, then setup ran fine.

One of the postings said that a virus, spyware, or even Adaware spyware remover may be causing the problem. I hope this helps you. Please let me know how this turns out.

fw_ord

http://www.anetforums.com/posts.aspx?ThreadIndex=30339

http://www.anetforums.com/posts.aspx?ThreadIndex=30734

http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread31386-1.html :D

Edited by fw_ord

I just use GPSBabel to make .csv (comma seperated value) files that I import into Street Atlas from the "Draw" tab.

Actually, I wrote a simple .bat file (saved in the same folder with GPSBabel) that does the work for me. I created a short-cut in the folder that holds my .gpx files, and I simply "drag-n-drop" a .gpx onto the shortcut and the .csv is created, and saved to the "Draw" folder for Street Atlas......