Lock N Lock Containers

mrking

Heritage Mint seems to be the North American distributor, and you can order from them online. Here in Northwest Ohio they have started to show up in Meijers, and The Pharm, in case anyone else is reading this.

http://heritagemint.com/

Amazon.com has also had some great prices on sets of the Lock & Lock containers.

Check our their home page at http://www.locknlock.com

RyckZ

Heritage Mint seems to be the North American distributor, and you can order from them online. Here in Northwest Ohio they have started to show up in Meijers, and The Pharm, in case anyone else is reading this.

Hey, that is excellent. I didn't know Ohio and Arizona where now Canadian provinces. Beauty eh!!!!!! :o:D:lol:

Zellers, Home Hardware, Wally World.....buy the Krylon camo paint at Canadian Tire, but make sure that you sand down the smooth plastic surfaces or use some type of compound to remove the gloss otherwise the paint will just flake off eventually...I found out the hard way.

Maybe it should be a topic of it's own.. painting tips and tricks.

But the camo-paint looks good but scrape off. I tried Krylon " FUSION " which is supposed to bond with out sanding or priming. The problem as I see it is what is plastic as opposed to vinyl, acrylic or some other mixture.

I guess the answer is to test it???

Murfster

As far as commo painting goes, I used black fabric hockey stick tape to totally cover the container, painted the commo over the tape and cut the seams for the top with a razor knife.

Works great!

The caches have been out in the wild for over two years with no visable deterioration of the paint job. <_<

Going to have to look into them at Costco, what are the sizes? We have purchased a few multipaks but find many are really small. We found them seperate at Rossy for $3.99 each, abit pricey then the multi paks but you get to pick your size and they really last even in the cold winter. We have been switching most of our caches with them.

Going to have to look into them at Costco, what are the sizes? 

1 x 1.8 L

1 x 1.1 L

2 x 870 ml

2 x 520 ml

2 x 310 ml

1 x 180 ml

Uh oh - that adds up to 9 - oh I SEE - 18 pieces - (9 bases, 9 lids - sheesh - I hate marketeers sometimes) :D

Anyway, the really important thing is that they are "Tomato stain resistant" which, as we all know, is essential for geocaching ;)

Edited by Geofellas
These are a great price right now at my local (Coventry Hills, Calgary, Alberta) Real Canadian Superstore:

Lockable Containers

They are not exactly Lock 'n' Lock, but at $1.00 for the set of two, you cant bea't the price!! And there is a choice of green, orange and blue latches!

peanutbutterbreadandjam

I've used a couple of those containers. You'll be replacing them fairly often as they do not stand up well to the elements or any type of abuse. Everytime I've tried a cheap container I've had to replace it with a L&L within a couple months.