Disney World Caches....?

gcas2006

Here's an earlier thread on the subject. The other thing to do is search centered on N 28° 22.433 W 081° 32.832 and use the Map It! feature to get these results.

Keep in mind, however, that no new caches will be listed there on GC.com. (See "commercial" and "private property").

As for the existing ones, were they placed with Disney©'s permission? I'd seriously think twice about finding one of these. I wouldn't want to be detained by a giant mouse or some gung-ho space ranger when my kid's begging me to ride the teacups one more time.

Also, somewhere in the forum archives is an article about Disneyworld being shut down temporarily because of a Geocache that resembled a magnetic cell phone....

...As for the existing ones, were they placed with Disney©'s permission? I'd seriously think twice about finding one of these. I wouldn't want to be detained by a giant mouse or some gung-ho space ranger when my kid's begging me to ride the teacups one more time.

Also, somewhere in the forum archives is an article about Disneyworld being shut down temporarily because of a Geocache that resembled a magnetic cell phone....

Don't be silly. Go ahead and find them, I did. Understand, however, that you are in probably the most muggle-filled locale on the planet. Even if you think nobody can see you, you are probably on camera, so be slick about your extractions.

I may be mistaken because we have cached in Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris, but I think the magnetic phone cache was in Disneyland.

...Also, somewhere in the forum archives is an article about Disneyworld being shut down temporarily because of a Geocache that resembled a magnetic cell phone....

Finally found it. It was Disneyland and the park was not closed down. Tomorrowland opened thirty minutes late.

Its too bad. That was a great cache.

I've been using sites like Multimap and such to find the Lat/Long of wherever, and then using that as the cetral point for finding. I've been doing that with some in Virginia Beach and Williamsburg - knowing I'm going to be there and seeing if there are any about. Of course, this is probably a long way of doing it, but it works for me so...

...Also, somewhere in the forum archives is an article about Disneyworld being shut down temporarily because of a Geocache that resembled a magnetic cell phone....

Finally found it. It was Disneyland and the park was not closed down. Tomorrowland opened thirty minutes late.

Its too bad. That was a great cache.

Man, I was right there, and never thought to look up disney caches. I probably leaned right on the spot the cache was hidden at.

I found 12 caches on Disney property, it was a fun time.

Use Lake Buena Vista in the USPS zip search.  All Disney properties are in that zip.

Have I missed something, or is Disney property now public land ? ;)

(I think it's cool, but I'm amazed they would get approved.)

Edited by sTeamTraen
I found 12 caches on Disney property, it was a fun time.

Use Lake Buena Vista in the USPS zip search.  All Disney properties are in that zip.

Have I missed something, or is Disney property now public land ? ;)

(I think it's cool, but I'm amazed they would get approved.)

They won't anymore.