Garmin Etrex Legend 8 Mb Gps With Pc Cable

mkemmet

I am new to geocaching and using GPS units. I am looking for a good unit for both geocaching and hiking/canoeing. The Garmin eTrex Legend 8 MB GPS with PC Cable can be purchased online for $170, which is about the price range I'd like to stick close to. Is this a good unit to buy, or does someone have a recommendation for a better, or easier to use unit in this same price range? Thanks in advance. Marlen

I have a legend and love it! That price is crazy! You can buy a legend with the pc cable at walmart online for 131.44. And if you don't want it shipped, print out the price, take it walmart, and they will match it.

Thats what I did!

Good luck,

Sabrina

Walmart Here's the link to the page!

Edited by ladycacher

Etrex Legend is a good unit. I had it as my first GPS. I changed it because this Legend cannot accept an external antenna. Those antennas are better than the Etrex «patch» antenna.

But some geocashers use a reradiating antenna when they walk under the foliage of the woods. On the river, you don't need ann external antenna, because you are not under the treees.

plein air