Your All Time Favorite Thread

The Puzzler

There are a lot of amazingly cool threads that have woven their way into the fabric of these forums, only to scroll off the page and be lost to all but a few tenacious researchers.

What is, or are, your all time favorite thread(s)?

Why do you like it (them)?

Can you give the rest of us a link to them?

I don't know if this qualifies really a thread as much as a series of events, but I sure would have liked to been around during the Mitsuko times. I understand there might have even been a broken heart or two?

Take a bunch of geeks, add innocent pretty girl asking for help, stir, and then sit back.

Did anyone actually discover who the real person was? ...or are you guys going to take it to your graves?

I don't know if this qualifies really a thread as much as a series of events, but I sure would have liked to been around during the Mitsuko times. I understand there might have even been a broken heart or two?

Take a bunch of geeks, add innocent pretty girl asking for help, stir, and then sit back.

Did anyone actually discover who the real person was? ...or are you guys going to take it to your graves?

The person behind Mitsuko was Eric O'Connor a/k/a Choberiba (he used both names here on the site). His identity is not a secret, as he fessed up after the "experiment" in summer 2002, and even had a webpage where people posted their thoughts about what transpired. For further details and links, see Markwell's Mitsuko Travel Bug.

Sadly for me, Chob is no longer active on the forums, although you can catch him from time to time at the alt.rec.geocaching usenet board. Along with Majicman, he was responsible for aiding in the development of the mischevious side of The Leprechauns' forum posting habits.

GEOCACHING DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CHINLDREN

Er, edit: Why do I like this one? It's just so out there it makes me crack up. Pretty classic thread too.

OOOo. Here's another I got a lot of enjoyment from recently:

Mysterious "treasure" Found

"It's like they knew a hunt was on or something..."

Appears the link to the news article isn't working, but the article made me laugh and the folks putting the dora box together was pretty cool :rolleyes: I laughed, I cried... fun thread.

Edited by trippy1976
The person behind Mitsuko was Eric O'Connor a/k/a Choberiba (he used both names here on the site). His identity is not a secret, as he fessed up after the "experiment" in summer 2002, and even had a webpage where people posted their thoughts about what transpired. For further details and links, see Markwell's Mitsuko Travel Bug.

Sadly for me, Chob is no longer active on the forums, although you can catch him from time to time at the alt.rec.geocaching usenet board. Along with Majicman, he was responsible for aiding in the development of the mischevious side of The Leprechauns' forum posting habits.

OConner and Mr. Majik not only ones make ruckusses. Man in funny green hat almost figger out Kije one time, but not quite. Kije miss pretty Japanese girl. Drove motorcycle to New Jersery to sing Russian song of beauty but all find was ugly men.

Почему делает мой столб скажите Ringbone

It was funny the night in chat when the girl in the "Mitsuko" picture was identified. I think that may have been the first time a mass group of people changed their avatars at the same time.

3512_700.jpg

My Mitsuko avatar image is still on my profile page for kicks.

Posted to my profile page 7/22/2002.

Geez, this is great fun.

It's a geocaching forum history lesson with great links to interesting old links all in one.

It seems that fun threads are the memorable ones so far and not so much information sharing threads. That actually surprises me, for a bunch, many of whom think of themselves as nerds. I guess I am just a naive nerd myself. . . big surprise! :lol:

It was funny the night in chat when the girl in the "Mitsuko" picture was identified. I think that may have been the first time a mass group of people changed their avatars at the same time.

3512_700.jpg

My Mitsuko avatar image is still on my profile page for kicks.

Posted to my profile page 7/22/2002.

Wow, she's cute. Is she a geocacher? What's her caching name? Does anyone have her e-mail?

I don't know if this qualifies really a thread as much as a series of events, but I sure would have liked to been around during the Mitsuko times.  I understand there might have even been a broken heart or two?

Did anyone actually discover who the real person was?  ...or are you guys going to take it to your graves?

I know... but I ain't tellin'!

--majicman

I don't know if this qualifies really a thread as much as a series of events, but I sure would have liked to been around during the Mitsuko times.  I understand there might have even been a broken heart or two?

Did anyone actually discover who the real person was?  ...or are you guys going to take it to your graves?

I know... but I ain't tellin'!

--majicman

There's a blast from the past. I miss seeing that cute baby's picture next to posts.

I forgot about  Boblog

Enjoy  :D .

The Boblog thread gave me a belly laugh several times. That's some goooood funny. :D

:D:D:D:D

Yeah,

Boblog was funny, but when I took over and trolled as Boblog3, everyone assumed I was also boblog. I got in trouble over that one and jeremy exposed that the IP address for boblog3 (my vain attempt at recreating the original troll or a variation of him), I got dumped on by all. At the time, it stomped on my huge ego (like a wet hamburger) and like the little babey I am, I said, "Well, then I just won't play with you stinkin' guys no more!" and threw my little tantrum and left.

But, I've aged greatly since then, and have come to mellow in my twilight years now... Ahhh, I see them all as fond memories of a misspent youth... poor little Mitsuko, Boblog, Boblog3, Tonto, and all the other trolls / aliases / lures / etc.s

Where have all the flowers gone... long time passes...

--majicman

Yeah,

Boblog was funny, but when I took over and trolled as Boblog3, everyone assumed I was also boblog. I got in trouble over that one and jeremy exposed that the IP address for boblog3 (my vain attempt at recreating the original troll or a variation of him), I got dumped on by all. At the time, it stomped on my huge ego (like a wet hamburger) and like the little babey I am, I said, "Well, then I just won't play with you stinkin' guys no more!" and threw my little tantrum and left.

But, I've aged greatly since then, and have come to mellow in my twilight years now... Ahhh, I see them all as fond memories of a misspent youth... poor little Mitsuko, Boblog, Boblog3, Tonto, and all the other trolls / aliases / lures / etc.s

Where have all the flowers gone... long time passes...

--majicman

Well, I still think you're a big fat babey.

I resemble that implication! Alas, I was the irreverent Tonto and assisted Chob in ending that Mitsuko tradedgy. I was also caught as the infamous impersonator: boblog3. Too bad I was never as annoying as to original Boblog. (Who was that masked man? Did we ever find out who that infamous troll was?)

I think the Boblog threads were by far the funniest! The super0infamous "Medicine Cache" was absolutely stunning and hilarious. A true JENIUS troll that sucked many in. I myself assisted boblog in trolling by my venting and fuming and making fun.

Aahhh - the good old days....

I resemble that implication! Alas, I was the irreverent Tonto and assisted Chob in ending that Mitsuko tradedgy. I was also caught as the infamous impersonator: boblog3. Too bad I was never as annoying as to original Boblog. (Who was that masked man? Did we ever find out who that infamous troll was?)

I think the Boblog threads were by far the funniest! The super0infamous "Medicine Cache" was absolutely stunning and hilarious. A true JENIUS troll that sucked many in. I myself assisted boblog in trolling by my venting and fuming and making fun.

Aahhh - the good old days....

Ah you're back. :) I see your spelling, grammar, and eating habits haven't improved any.

Good to see you again ya big babey! :smile: