zoom Level

brdwtchr

While tracking a Geocache, the zoom level of the unit can be changed significantly. Is there a level that seems to be the most accurate? For instance, sometimes it looks like I am right on top of the cache, move the zoom level and then its behind me somewhere, talk about confused.

Thanks.

ps. I have a Garmin Legend.

I would suggest against using a map view while making your final search for the cache. While the map view might be easier for you in getting to the area of the cache, I think you will find the compass screen to be much more help in locating the cache itself.

stunod_sig.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Eamus Catuli AC145895

On the Garmin, there is a circle on the screen when you are zoomed fully in. That is the margin of error (or EPE). If you and the cache are inside the circle, put down your GPS and start looking.

Magellan may have the same feature, but I never used one, so I don't know.

quote:
I would suggest against using a map view while making your final search for the cache. While the map view might be easier for you in getting to the area of the cache, I think you will find the compass screen to be much more help in locating the cache itself.

Personally, I find the map to be useful during the final search. Sometimes the needle starts doing a Lind Blair when I'm close, so I flip to the map screen to get a better idea as to where the cache is in relation to my position.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm