Problems With Gpxsonar

M005

Just trying to install GPXSonar on my new Dell Axim X5, however despite downloading the latest version and running PPC2003 I get an error message stating "GPXSonar is not a valid Pocket PC application"

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Thanks for the response

Its the version listed under THISlink, bottom right of page under the Links heading.

I can't see any install instructions, so I am copying the files onto the PDA and then running the install.

The icons make it look like it has properly installed, as does the directory structure under program files.

:sad:

I can't see any install instructions, so I am copying the files onto the PDA and then running the install.

That may be the problem. You need to install the program from your computer. The install process needs to link to your Axim via Active sync. I think Active sync converts the files as well as installs them.

Ok, I have deleted the install from the PDA and have installed from the PC.

Now getting a different error message, telling me some components are missing.

I am copying the two files from the website into a directory and running the .exe file from there.

Is this correct? Any more files needed?

Thanks guys.

If the install of the .exe file from the PC does not work download the .cab file, copy it to your pda and open it. The cab should install directly on the pda while on the pda. You don't 'have' to install it from the pc with the cable and active sync running adn all that. Just copy the cab to the pda and open.

Well now, you can always do a hard reset and start over. That should fix whatever went FUBAR on you.

Edit: If your registry is pointing one direction and your install is in another direction then you could also remove all the registry entries for GPXSonar after you uninstall it to make sure everthing is gone, then start over. That's a WAG. Take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Renegade Knight

Looks like I have it working.

I installed an earlier 'Beta' version from the GPXSonar archives and it works.

Not sure why the latest version didn't work as the PDA is brand new (like yesterday new) :D

But a big thanks for all your help guys, should be a thread to provide some answers to anyone having problems in the future.

:D

Edited by M005