Online Gps Retailers

jeff35080

Over the past couple of years I've seen some threads where people posted of good experiences with online retailers of GPS units. I may be in the market for a new unit and would like some input from others about where they've purchased GPS units and their experiences. I have purchased from TigerGPS.com but would like to do some price comparisons.

My first choice to to purchase from a local dealer, some will match online prices, bring a print out with you. I just do not like being stuff on line, when I buy something I want it now. In most cases the benifits of buying online have wound up being not all the great when compared to dealing with local store.

I just got my 2nd gps from Offroute.com as the first transaction with them was a excellent online shopping experience. Offroute at one time gave some of the money of the purchase price back to Geocaching.com but I think something has changed there and REI is now the Geocaching.com choice but REI's prices are horrible but are great to deal with if you have a problem. Offroute's prices aren't the best out there but they are way better than REI. I give my vote to Offroute.com

Thank you to everyone that replied to my question.

I was in the market for a new eTrex Yellow for a very good friend of mine who really enjoys geocaching and needs a no-frills unit.

I use a SporTrak Map and both of my children have Legends. My friend has been having to borrow one of my kids' units when we go geocaching and she really needs one of her own.

Anyways, I did a bunch of online price comparisons today and used all the links that everyone provided and, believe it or not, found that Wal*Mart had the cheapest price on a Yellow.

I emailed a couple of the sites that offered a 'guaranteed lowest price' and within about 5 minutes received a reply from tigergps.com who not only met Wal*Mart's online price but beat it (including shipping).

For anyone else who may read this thread in the future I can highly recommend tigergps.com as a reputable online merchant. I have used them in the past and they promptly responded to an inquiry from me today with the lowest overall price.

Once again, thanks to all who responded to this thread and to those of you that took the time to email me. It is appreciated!