Again I Fall Short Of The Mark.....

klassenl

I went out to (re)hide my cache today. It's -9 C today and after two weeks of -25 and colder it was a good day to be outside. As I left home I noticed that the gas guage was reading excessively low. This was only going to be a 22 mile trip so I figured I would make it. As I got closer to "the spot", the road had greater amounts of snow on it; not a good sign. "The spot" was in a valley and just as I started to descend into the valley I could clearly see that this road had not been plowed in that last couple of weeks. The snow was maybe only 6 inches deep but I was in my dad's brand new truck, low on gas, all alone, and really in the middle of no where. Shamefully I have to say that I quickly turned around and went home. I know that a REAL cacher would have driven through the snow, even with the risk of getting stuck. Or he would have hopped out of the truck and hiked the last 3/4 of a mile. So again I realize I'm not a REAL cacher and I'll have to log this one as a "Did not hide". {sigh} Oh well........

tak1

I I know that a REAL cacher would have driven through the snow, even with the risk of getting stuck. Or he would have hopped out of the truck and hiked the last 3/4 of a mile. So again I realize I'm not a REAL cacher and I'll have to log this one as a "Did not hide". {sigh} Oh well........

tak1

A 'real' cacher would have not used a truck in the first place, but would have instead hiked the entire way, barefoot. Amateur. :)