Winter Caching

Will+Bill

You don't know what your missing. I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado just below Pikes Peak and it is very beautiful in the winter to go caching here in the mountian ranges. I have yet to really get cold caching since I am moving all the time and wear a couple layers of clothes minimally. It is super beautiful and you get it all to yourself; the woods, animals, sscenery. (Thanks for the suggestion JJASKS) <_<

Although I've only been caching for two seasons, fall and winter, I have been hiking/camping for many more. I almost always prefer the winter (as long as it is not bitterly cold) to any other season because I just think it is more beautiful.

I have not run into any problems w/snow accumulation hindering my efforts to find a cache, even when we've had fresh snow. Sometimes I'm wary that I might not be able to find it, and on those cases, hey, I'm still burning calories. <_<

I'm new to offical caching but I've found SCP's in +120 degrees F and in -23 degrees F when I was not necessary I just felt like getting out and being stupid in the woods (Marine Sgt. what else would you expect? :) ). I Started caching in the winter which seriously cut down on what I can start looking for but I have found quite a few in under a month of actually looking. I would have to say I much perfer the cold because you can always get warmer (just need to know how :) ) getting cooler in 128F when all you have around is a sweltering truck or a sweltering tent you basically have to deal with it... and drink water!