Signature Lines

El Diablo

:wub: Awww, I gots voted for... :batseyes:  Thanks guys!  Personally, though, I must vote for JMBella...  It's the punchline that just works so dang well! :o

Incidentally, I have my Geocaching membership paid up for quite awhile, so I must respectfully and humbly ask that my name be taken off the list of candidate winners.  I know for a fact there are a good many more people out there much more deserving/needful than I am, 'specially those with little geocaching/hiking kiddies.  It's always better to me to see a kid smile with Mommy or Daddy.

If you voted for me, thank you :wub:, but I'm all set, so find another humorous forumster and make their day!

It's good that you feel that because...

The overall vote winner will get to choose someone that they wish to donate a years Premium Membership

And thanks for the vote. :wub: I actually like what I added to it. "It doesn't have to be fun to be fun". Taken from this interview on gunks.com.

DOH! This is whatcha get for glancing through a thread! :o

My all time favorite sig line was this one. Maybe because it took me so dang long to figure it out. I don't know who's sig it was if I figure it out I'll update.

Eye Ham We Todd Did.

Sofa King We Todd Did.

I was the Sofa King for a while, Hydee asked me ever so nicely to change it, so I did. :o

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

*Disclaimer: The preceding opinion was based on my personal experiences.

---JMBella

My personal favorite! :o:wub:

Though these deserve an honorable mention:

"There are only 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."--Poindexter(?)

"Some people are like slinkies. Not particularly useful, but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.--Go Play Outside"

"In my opinion, we don't devote nearly nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks.--Captain Chaoss"

If you've ever signed the maintenance log sheet in a public rest room,

"Found it easily. Stall needs new toilet paper. Took nothing, left... " You might be a geocacher!--??????

Good thread idea!! Funny!

Edited for - had to "squeeze" one more honorable mention in ^

Edited by MRCOGEO
My all time favorite sig line was this one.  Maybe because it took me so dang long to figure it out.  I don't know who's sig it was if I figure it out I'll update.

Eye Ham We Todd Did.

Sofa King We Todd Did.

I think that one belongs to Stu Pedasso. :o

I like the compound and profound Snoogan's sig line that includes Totem Lake's sig line.

The hider is playing a game called geocaching. They are evidently playing it right because their cache was approved.

You are also playing a GAME (sport/hobby/obsession/etc.) evidently called MY version of Geocaching 1.5, or maybe even 2.O. You seem to be failing at your game if you are not able to enjoy it. Snoogans 11/04/04

"Failure is a hard pill to swallow until you realize the only failure you can really have in this sport is the failure to enjoy yourself."

TotemLake 4/26/04

I also like mine, :wub:

I'm not sure who's sig this is, but I busted a gut the first time I read it.

"Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

I could bounce around the forums until I find it, but that's too much like work

that is/was the sig line of the worlds ugliest, FUNNIEST wet cat and former EMT; Mr. Sparky Watts.

Tried to post a link to his profile, but my efforts to look up/email another player kept failing.

I'm not sure who's sig this is, but I busted a gut the first time I read it.

"Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

I could bounce around the forums until I find it, but that's too much like work

that is/was the sig line of the worlds ugliest, FUNNIEST wet cat and former EMT; Mr. Sparky Watts.

Tried to post a link to his profile, but my efforts to look up/email another player kept failing.

You are correct sir!

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=172989

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...dpost&p=1264371 (his last post, interesting one)

O.K....I got it. Clever...but I'm going to have to disqualify that one for obvious reasons. :laughing:

Also lets vote on sig lines other han your own, and ones that were around before the contest started. They should also be unique, not ones that have been used by others.

Sorry for the late rules...but it is my contest! :sad:

El Diablo

Some people are like slinkies. Not particularly useful, but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

:sad::laughing::o

Hoo! I like that one! :P

My all time favorite sig line was this one.  Maybe because it took me so dang long to figure it out.  I don't know who's sig it was if I figure it out I'll update.

Eye Ham We Todd Did.

Sofa King We Todd Did.

Ah, leave it to Criminal.... hah! Old joke, but a good one! Diablo, pinch your lower lip and say it outloud, SLOOOOWWWWLY.... :sad:

Being an off-trail hiker, I'm going to go ahead and vote for New England n00b's:

"Tis better to have hiked and been lost, than never to have hiked at all."

Carrying a GPS off-trail would almost be cheating I think. :sad:

Thanks for the vote SherwoodForest. You gotta' laugh in life and not take yourself too seriously. (I just wonder if anyone really thinks I'm over a 100 years old. :laughing: OK, don't answer that!)

This one hangs above my desk at home, if anyone wants to steal it:

Go often to the house of thy friend, for weeds choke the unused path.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

And wow, does this one ever apply:

"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong."

-- Ella Fitzgerald

Edited by joefrog