Signature Lines

El Diablo

Who has the best signature line? The best for humor, thought, or I just don't get it?

The overall vote winner will get to chose someone that they wish to donate a years Premium Membership to Geocaching.com, paid for by me.

The contest will run until January 31st. All votes must be posted in this thread...no PMs or eamil please.

El Diablo

hmmm... I like mine, but that's just me...

Can we vote for ourselves? (that would get me to a whopping 1 vote, though, with my luck!)

The first part is an insider, so a lot of people won't get it... it's still kinda funny though

{off-topic}

14 degrees Fahrenheit is really &*^*&! cold for a bike ride, but I went for a ride this morning anyhow!

{/off-topic}

Happy Caching

Jeff

Poindexter's has my vote so far.

Actually, that sig line has been around the forums for quite some time. I have seen several people use it. One I can think of at this time is WascoZooKeeper. You can see it on this post.

I kind of like rusty's Jeep/Toyota one too, but I will have to think about who I would want to vote for.

First off, I gotta say I LOVE reading sig lines!!!!

So far my two favorites are:"I use multi-billion dollar military satellites

to track down Tupperware in the woods.

...And what do YOU do?"

and one that *I think* Totem Lake was using but I can't find it now about 'You are playing a game called geocaching.....the only failure is a failure to have fun.'

I also really like RK's Illegitimi Non Carborundum!

:huh: Awww, I gots voted for... :batseyes: Thanks guys! Personally, though, I must vote for JMBella... It's the punchline that just works so dang well! :)

Incidentally, I have my Geocaching membership paid up for quite awhile, so I must respectfully and humbly ask that my name be taken off the list of candidate winners. I know for a fact there are a good many more people out there much more deserving/needful than I am, 'specially those with little geocaching/hiking kiddies. It's always better to me to see a kid smile with Mommy or Daddy.

If you voted for me, thank you :), but I'm all set, so find another humorous forumster and make their day!

:huh: Awww, I gots voted for... :batseyes:  Thanks guys!  Personally, though, I must vote for JMBella...  It's the punchline that just works so dang well! :)

Incidentally, I have my Geocaching membership paid up for quite awhile, so I must respectfully and humbly ask that my name be taken off the list of candidate winners.  I know for a fact there are a good many more people out there much more deserving/needful than I am, 'specially those with little geocaching/hiking kiddies.  It's always better to me to see a kid smile with Mommy or Daddy.

If you voted for me, thank you :), but I'm all set, so find another humorous forumster and make their day!

It's good that you feel that because...

The overall vote winner will get to choose someone that they wish to donate a years Premium Membership

And thanks for the vote. :) I actually like what I added to it. "It doesn't have to be fun to be fun". Taken from this interview on gunks.com.

Edited by JMBella

Well Here are a couple:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Be kind to bacteria...they're the only culture some people have.

I've never been lost, temporarily misplaced, but never lost!

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people upset and been widely regarded as a "Bad Move".

Ralph Waldo Emerson said "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail", but taking the paths will leave fewer burrs stuck to your pant legs.

"I use multi-billion dollar military satellites and government equipment

to track down Tupperware in the woods.

...And what do YOU do?"

If you've ever signed the maintenance log sheet in a public rest room,

"Found it easily. Stall needs new toilet paper. Took nothing, left... " You might be a geocacher!

"I'm not young enough to know everything"

"Don't piss me off, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies."

Magellan Sportrak Map - $350

Hiking Boots - $75

Tank of Gas - $30

Pocket Full of Trade Swag - $10

Calling in Sick to Work so I Can Go Caching - PRICELESS

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people who ask questions

~~~Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW!! What a ride!!!"~~~

Eat right, exercise daily, live clean, die anyway.

cows go "moo"

people go "hey shut up you stupid cow"

"Ohh, that's so cute! I wonder where the mother bear is?"

"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no holes is a danish."

-Alright ya' hayseeds, it's a stick-up. Everybody freeze. Everybody down on the ground.

Well, which is it young feller? You want I should freeze or get down on the ground? Mean to say, if'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop. And if'n I drop, I'm a gonna be in motion. You see...

-----Shut up!

I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and think, "Well, that's not going to happen".

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

When All Else Fails, Play Dead

There are only 10 kinds of people. Those who know binary, and those who don't.

“I have just learned that the cache area is now being used as a missile testing range on alternate Thursdays. On those dates, please avoid hunting the cache”

Any opinions expressed in this post may be the result of altitude sickness

Why be normal?

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

"Death doesn't scare me. I was married."

Try HamsterCaching! A cache really isn't a difficulty 5 unless the trade items fight back.

Dorothy: "How can you talk if haven't got a brain?" Scarecrow: "I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?"

Don't mind us, we're just looking for tupperware behind this bush.

War does not determine who's right . . . only who's left.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools

There are a lot of judgemental people in the world, and I think all those people are worthless dirtballs

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure.

On the lookout for suspicious piles of sticks

Don't worry, gravity only hurts when the ground is involved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then theres mine :)

This was my sig line for a long time:

Frisbeetarianism: The belief that when we die, our souls go up onto the roof and get stuck there. - George Carlin

As a Frisbeetarian, my greatest fear is of dying at work. – Snoogans

I keep on my forum note pad because I will go back to it some day. I really like the one I have now though.