I Need Help Finding A Hard Case For A Garmin 76cs

Hi, everyone!

I just purchased a Garmin GPSMap 76CS. And although I did pick up a neoprene "sheath" for it, that only protects it while you're using it - not really when you're transporting it.

I need something that will protect it properly while it's in a bag - so that if the bag is dropped or is hit by something, I don't need to worry about the GPS getting damaged.

What I'm looking for is a hard case with padding that will offer good protection to the unit, but is not any larger than it has to be (it still has to fit in a bag, after all).

But I'm having the damndest time finding one. It seems that people are only making soft slipcover type cases.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a hard case to suit my needs?

_Intrepid,Jan 22 2005, 11:03 AM]

For the "Cadillac" of cases there's always Pelican. Expensive but bulletproof and they last forever.

Well, the first case you pointed out wouldn't work well, because there's no padding. Not only that, but that type of design isn't really well suited to having padding added.

However, Pelican Cases.... I had forgotten about them. The last time I had looked at them, they didn't have anything small enough for what I'm looking for. But now that they've released their Micro series - that might actually work.

Thanks for the reminder! :ph34r: