How To Archive A Cache...

kayakanimal

I visited a cache that others had said it was missing. I couldn't find it either. I logged it as needing to be archived...it posted with this symbol icon_remove.gif...I emailed the owner...should an administrator archive it?

An admin will look at the situation since a SBA log was recorded.

I visited a cache that others had said it was missing. I couldn't find it either. I logged it as needing to be archived...it posted with this symbol icon_remove.gif...I emailed the owner...should an administrator archive it?

An admin will look at the situation since a SBA log was recorded.

Thought it might be something like that...just that it was logged almost 1 month aga 12-31-04.

Thanks,

Kayakanimal

We reviewers typically wait a few weeks before we act on "needs archived" logs. I consider the log a warning to the owner that he'd better get his cache in order soon. After a few weeks if nothing has been done I'll archive the cache.

A year or so ago, one of the other reviewers and I were having a little competition and seeing who could archive a cache the quickest after a "needs archived" log was emailed to us. While it was fun, it had the result in pissing off a few cache owners who never got the chance to correct the problem. We learned from that and now wait a few weeks.

Right now I'm behind a bit in California. I still need to deal with "needs archived" emails back to early November.

Just wondering, I am trying to archive a couple of my lame micros but the only option is to Archive (Show). In the past there was a don't show. A couple of months ago I ran into the same thing, but it "the Don't Show"came up eventually after a few emails.

Is this an option that has to be turned on by an approver or is it simply supposed to be there anyway?

Thanks for your time!

Hikenit

...A year or so ago, one of the other reviewers and I were having a little competition and seeing who could archive a cache the quickest after a "needs archived" log was emailed to us. While it was fun, it had the result in pissing off a few cache owners who never got the chance to correct the problem. We learned from that and now wait a few weeks....

I had that happen to me on a moving cache. A newbie posted a SBA log. I contacted the last person to move it to check, before I could get an answer the cache was archived.

To be fair to all parties it does take time. The temporary disabled ability was the right answer for "don't hunt this until we figure it out" issues.