Takes Less Than 1 Hour?

DeViDe

Wondering what determines when you set this attrribute, "Takes less than 1 hour"

Is it 1 hour from when you park your car?

Is is 1 hour from when your GPS says you have arrived and now start looking?

Is it when your wife says OK you can go as long as you are back in 1 hour?

Not trying to be a smart alec , just not sure how to use this since it could mean so many things.

Thanks for the attributes, I think they are great.

Edited by DeViDe

I think the difficulty rating will determine how long you may need to spend looking for the cache. So, since it is listed under the "conditions" category, I would think it means that the attribute is about how long it may take from your parking spot.

It also may be a good way to determine lunchtime cache oppurtunities.

Edited by Navdog

I would think it means from where you park the car. Anyway, I'm in favor of explaining things a bit more thorougly in the description, if needed. So in this case, if time would be a decisive factor and the '< 1h' attribute seems unclear, I'd describe it more wordily in the description.

I actually like the "no" option for "less than an hour" - but I'm seeing it from my own personal likes and dislikes. I'm more for a "lunchtime" attribute for a cache you can get to quickly before your lunch hour is over. Maybe a sandwich icon.

I was thinking along the same lines except for "not selected," "takes over an hour," and "takes less than 15 minutes" or something like that. A problem I see right off the bat is not selected is the same as "takes between 15 minutes and 1 hour" and that's not right.

Could probably just go with "lunch time" attribute, say it should take about 15 minutes or less and let it go with that. The "over 1 hour" might be better filtered with D/T, because when you get to that length of time the variables and differences in geocachers become more pronounced. What might take one person 45 minutes might take another person 2 hours.

I like the idea of a seperate attribute for a "lunchtime" or quick cache. Sometimes when we're travelling we like to take a quick break from driving and grab a quick cache. It would be nice to be able to download only caches that are quick for such an occasion. Much easier than going through all the caches that are near the highway, looking at their ratings then going through the logs to see if they really are quick grabs that allow us a chance to stretch our legs and let the kids run around without taking an hour or so.

As far as the No option on less than an hour wouldn't it make more intuitive sense to make it a greater than an hour attribute? I hadn't thought about using the "no" option on my > hour caches (but will now).