Need Someone Near S25° 24'626

AlainBob

Hi,

I'm in search of someone near the point S25° 24'626 to complete the cache "Where's In A Name ?"

My username "AlainBob" converts to S25° 24'626.

Since I'm from Canada, I tought it would be interesting to find someone on the southern hemisphere to complete this cache... And South Africa looks good to me !

All you have to do is to convert your username into coordinates (see how to do that here. Then, take a few pictures of your GPS and the surrounding at these coords and send them back to me...

Thanks for your help !

Alain R.

Canada

There are two caches near this point, both in the well known Tswaing Crter area; GCGMAC - Place of Salt at S 25 24.639 E 28.05.234 and GCJ9NX - Tswaing2 at S 25 24.585 E 28.04.887. If no one accept to assist in the next few days, we intend doing these caches over the weekend of 29 / 30 January and would then attempt to get photographs of this point. Will check posting regularly for updates :(

Thanks to both of you guys !

I don't mind if both of you can go there, but there is a little problem: you have to use your username to get the other coords. With your usernames, it gives us:

Brick = 27° 42.500

Warthog = 92° 78.464 wich converts to 93° 18.464

So, since you are from South Africa, the only coordinates that can be used are :

S25° 24'626 and E27° 42.500. Brick, you are the lucky winner !

Sorry Warthog... To participate, you would have to go to Guatemala, central USA or Manitoba in Canada (West); India, China, Mongolia or USSR (East)... It's the same for me: I live in Quebec, Canada, and the coords near my home are N46 53 and W71 11... I won't be able to help anyone who need a coord near here. Thx anyway !

Brick, I'm looking forward to receive news from you ... and maybe some pictures...

Alain R.

Canada

Hi Brick,

My mistake !!! I tought that I had to find someone that can go to a point corresponding to my coords and his/hers... That's not the case:

From GC3153:

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to persuade another Geocacher to get out there and take a photo of his GPS (with the coords clearly visible) at ANY coord. (choice is his/hers) that intersects with the coord. you created from your username above. A photo of the surrounding area would be nice as well!

But since your username gives us a coord. that I think you can reach, that's the reason I'm asking you to try. I tought it would be interesting if we could have pictures from a point corresponding to both our usernames coords. If you can't go to that specific point, no problem...

BTW, Warthog, you're still in ! Sorry if I had misunderstood the rules... :ph34r:

Alain R.

Edited by AlainBob
:) What a relief !! I'v e already done it !! The one coord, that is. I had a look at where your name and my name intersects and, although close to where I stay, it is on private property and might be hard to get at. So, Alain, could you contact me via my Goundspeak user so I can get a e-mail address to post the photos to.