Need Someone Near S25° 24'626

AlainBob

Hi,

I'm in search of someone near the point S25° 24'626 to complete the cache "Where's In A Name ?"

My username "AlainBob" converts to S25° 24'626.

Since I'm from Canada, I tought it would be interesting to find someone on the southern hemisphere to complete this cache... And Australia looks good to me !

All you have to do is to convert your username into coordinates (see how to do that here. Then, take a few pictures of your GPS and the surrounding at these coords and send them back to me...

Thanks for your help !

Alain R.

Canada

Thx Rabbitto ! I'll try your link,

BTW, with your username, the coords would have been:

S25° 24'626 (mine) and 72° 22.488 (east or west). On the east side, it is in the middle of the Indian ocean. On the west side, it is somewhere in Chili... very near to Pacific ocean. :laughing:

Alain R.

Canada

Edited by AlainBob

Your coords for Where's in a Name equate to between Bundaberg and Maryborough also Fraser Island on the east coast (Queensland) ... or just south of Ayers Rock (AKA Uluru) in central Australia ... or on the West Coast between Carnarvon and Shark Bay. I am a Western Australian and do not think there are any cachers in that area as is it somewhat remote. Also do not believe there any cachers 100-odd km south of Ayers Rock!

Your best chance would be someone from Queensland and I would suggest you log on to geocaching.com.au then go into the Queensland members area to post a message. I am sure you would have some luck there.

I am still trying to attempt that cache but need someone from Texas (better option).

Good luck with your search :laughing:

What a shame I hadnt been able to read the forums whilst I was down in Perth as we have only just come back past your required location and would have been happy to stop and take a photo or two. Not that there is much to see at your spot.

We shall be going back down past your co-ord at Easter (maybe even before) so drop us a line if you still require the photo then and we will grab one for you.

Team : Pathfinder

Karratha WA

Hi everyone !

A fellow Geocacher from South Africa was able to go to the needed coordinates. So, you don't have to rush anymore... :D

But if someone would like to send me pictures from those coords in your country, well, don't hesitate ! The only problem is that I won't be able to post them as a "found cache". I will only be able to log it as a note...

Thanks anyway ! If someone need help from eastern Canada (precisely the province of Quebec), just ask !

Alain R.

Canada