Garmin 60c

Antwon

New to the world of Geocaching. One time and I'm hooked. I have pretty much decided on the 60C model. i don't want to bother with a begginer unit as I know I will get bored with it quickly. Plus I'm horrible with directions and this model is capable of car navigation as well. So my Question is, where can I find the best price for this unit? :D

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

remember to include the price of the additional mapping software into your budget in order to be able to effectively use the autorouting features... .. .

And while you are at it, you'll need some sort of kit to mount your gps in your car so you can see it while driving, so add that into the budget too

Garmin's automotive navigation kit will include both the mapping software and your mounting brackets.

I got mine at gpsnow.com

Edited by YuccaPatrol
New to the world of Geocaching. One time and I'm hooked.  I have pretty much decided on the 60C model. i don't want to bother with a begginer unit as I know I will get bored with it quickly. Plus I'm horrible with directions and this model is capable of car navigation as well. So my Question is, where can I find the best price for this unit? :(

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

I wish I had asked this question before I bought from Cabela.com @ $419.. And I thought I was getting a good deal. The 60c is a great choice for a 1st GPSr, not too advanced for a beginner yet all you'll need as you advance.

There are some people who bought the 60c who will admit to wishing the 76c had been out. It has twice the memory and isn't too much more after the rebate, one person said.

At least look into it before you commit to the 60c.

FWIW, I'm happy with my Legend. It isn't a matter of getting bored with it, but wishing it had a bit better reception when there isn't a crystal-clear view of the sky. I don't mind the lack of the color screen, and I haven't used the mapping beyond the basemap that is built in.

I will admit though that if I had the dough, I would have gotten the 60c or the 76c. People here love them, and that is saying a lot.

Ditto on Amazon. I paid $360 for my 60CS, so I assume the 60S would be even cheaper. The price seems to fluctuate daily so you have to keep checking.

By the way, you made a great choice. The 60 series is a great GPS and I think you wil be very happy with it.

Just checked the costco.com page. $370.00 for the 60c, $290.00 for the Legend C. Amazon.com has the 60c listed at $339.67. $107.00 for the software.

Still debating on a GPS device myself. :(

Edited by WestTxCondor

I got a great buy on ebay $229 for the 60C - unit only. I don't miss the waypoint manager, lanyard or belt clip and I already had a USB cord from a digital camera. Manual is online. The 60C is outstanding for geocaching. I liked it a little better than the 76 because it seems more rugged and I'm not downloading a ton of stuff where the memory is important. The only thing that I might consider on a new unit is the internal compass. At this point I usually bring a cheap compass with me to orient the unit if I'm moving slow or not straight.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. This is truely an incredible website and probably one the most helpful forums around. As soon as I get my feet wet a bit I hope to be as helpful.

Thanks again to all and I'm sure we'll be talkin again. :sad:

So if you want to get your feet wet go to www.getfeetwet.com They have some of the best GPS deals out there. They include a free 2nd year warranty and free shipping too.