Search By "hidden By"

halhal

I would like to see cache searching on the "Seek a Cache" page to be searchable on the username who placed it. There is a "caches _found_ by username" (emphasis mine), but I think being able to search by who hid it would be neat. My friend just hid a cache, but I don't know the cache name so I can't search by keyword. I do know his geocaching user name, so being able to look for caches by his user name would show all that he has hidden (one so far). As I get to know other geocachers, I think it would be fun to be able to search for a cache that he or she has hidden and having this option would make it easier to find.

Maybe this function is already there in some way that I haven't learned of yet. If so, a pointer on where it is would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hal Huntley (halhal)

Besides going to the hider's profile page, try using the search by username hidden option on the advanced search page. What you're asking for is already there.

I have heard from several geocachers that the advanced search page is "hidden," because it is only linked to from the one hyperlink at the top right corner of the main homepage. Perhaps Jeremy might consider adding a similar link on the hide and seek page, along the lines of: "For more search options, try the advanced search page."