Sd Memory Problems With Magellan Platnium

I just formated my 32 MB card. Then I loaded it with a region that contained @ 12MB of info. With the card in my platnium when I turn it on I get the hour glass as usual. In a short time without ever setting it's location it goes back to the intro screen then to the disclaimer screen and stops there. It works fine without the card in it.

I'm betting you formatted your card in a card reader.

Um.. I'm not an expert, but off the top of my head here's what I'm thinking. Can you get the GPS into normal operating mode at all with the card in? If you can, use the "Format Card" option under "Card Utilities" to format the card while it's in the GPS. It's likely that your card reader formatted the card with a format your GPS doesn't like.

My next suggestion is to erase whatever is on the card, try it in the GPS. If it works.. do the format-in-the-GPS routine.

If it still doesn't work. Try reformatting with the card reader, then putting it in the GPS.

Failing that, some of the techies in here might be able to direct you how to format your card in a format readable by your GPS using your card reader.

Jamie