Regular Free Week

if you "regulars" get bored, you could always go cacheing  :P

when is it going to get through to some people that not everyone can cache every day? physical problems can be a reason not to cache. does it need to be spelled out? sheesh!

Some of us have jobs that keep us in the office but not necessarily out of the forums.

another very good reason.

or get stuck in the snow 4000 miles from home! :D

clueless. just clueless. :D

nope not clueless.

I see you must resort to name calling. I try to keep geocacheing, and most things in my life, in perspective. This is a fun sport, only a game. Chatting in here was a huge mistake for me. I hope you enjoy geocacheing as much as i do and hope you have a great day.

clueless.  just clueless.  :D

nope not clueless.

I see you must resort to name calling. I try to keep geocacheing, and most things in my life, in perspective. This is a fun sport, only a game. Chatting in here was a huge mistake for me. I hope you enjoy geocacheing as much as i do and hope you have a great day.

I may be out of line here, but I suspect what Uperdooper was meaning was that you were not accounting for all situations, you comment about "regulars could always go 'caching" while I'm sure meant in fun, could easily be misconstrued by someone not so fortunate as yourself.

I see that you have a great number of finds to your credit, and that's excellent. You are lucky to have the time and circumstance to be able to achieve that. Not all of us do. As an often deployed member of the Canadian Forces, my time to 'cache is very limited. Others have different reasons... some live in 'cache starved areas, other's have physical limitations. Family, work, other hobbies...

not to get back on topic, but I'm game for feb 1-8 no posting in the forums (OT too?)

nfa-jamie

The challenge is all forums, including OT. But some like Uper if she signs on will probably go partial skip the main forums and stay in Off Topic. Since it's voluntary your level of participation is up to you.

I'm in all the way. No posts, just silence. I'll even try not to lurk.

not to get back on topic, but I'm game for feb 1-8 no posting in the forums (OT too?)

nfa-jamie

The challenge is all forums, including OT. But some like Uper if she signs on will probably go partial skip the main forums and stay in Off Topic. Since it's voluntary your level of participation is up to you.

I'm in...all forums, no posting

nfa-jamie

No reading as well?

nfa-jamie

No reading as well?

got me...ok, no reading, lurking, visiting, or browsing either...

RK probably doesn't realize that you never sign off Uper. :D

I'm in.... supposed to be out of town that week anyway so it'll be easy. No posting but Im gonna lurk if I get the chance! :D

-J

i will stop posting only when i am justly banned or they pry my mouse and keyboard out of my cold dead hands. :P

I'm at 2.39 per day. This includes several times when I was away from civilization for more than a couple months at a time. Heh.

Anyway, I think a week off would be beneficial to me, too.

Jamie

I'm even worse off than you are.. almost at 3 here.

I say go for it, Jeremy. Anyone with 500 or 1000 posts for a few days... Doesn't even have to be a whole week..

nfa-jamie

I'll vaguely try to remember and then play along if I feel like it. I have no intention of ignoring OT.

i will stop posting only when i am justly banned or they pry my mouse and keyboard out of my cold dead hands. :D

You know Uperdooper there are meeting for this,

Will you please start all your posts from now on with....

Hi my name is Uperdoooper and I am a gc.forum addict.............

B):D

and Totem is on to my scheme of posting topics that will bring the regulars back.. You don't tihink I would make it easy on ya do ya?

So please whoever jumps on board please post your in and what angst really bother you. I need to start working up a list.....

Jeesh this is gonna be fun if I dont climb over the limit....

btw I'm saying anything over 100 posts makes you a regular...... :P

maybe if we agree we could come up with a silly dorkie sig line that if anyone doenst heed to the week of no posts they must add it as there signature line for a month or however long decided upon peers..... IE: I'd really like to make MOPAR change his sig to FORDS ARE THE BEST TRUCKS OUT THERE.....I'd let one tow my MOPAR any day.. :D

i will stop posting only when i am justly banned or they pry my mouse and keyboard out of my cold dead hands.  :D

You know Uperdooper there are meeting for this,

Will you please start all your posts from now on with....

Hi my name is Uperdoooper and I am a gc.forum addict.............

B):D

and Totem is on to my scheme of posting topics that will bring the regulars back.. You don't tihink I would make it easy on ya do ya?

So please whoever jumps on board please post your in and what angst really bother you. I need to start working up a list.....

Jeesh this is gonna be fun if I dont climb over the limit....

btw I'm saying anything over 100 posts makes you a regular...... :P

maybe if we agree we could come up with a silly dorkie sig line that if anyone doenst heed to the week of no posts they must add it as there signature line for a month or however long decided upon peers..... IE: I'd really like to make MOPAR change his sig to FORDS ARE THE BEST TRUCKS OUT THERE.....I'd let one tow my MOPAR any day.. :D

this kind of personal attack is uncalled for. I HAVE LUPUS. i am handicapped. that's why i am in the forums a lot. i didn't want to outright say why i am here most of the time, but the lack of information seems to be affecting your judgement. i have the energy to cache a couple of days a month. does that mean i shouldn't post the rest of the time? who made you the arbitor of who should post or not?

top pin, when you flip regulars crap, you are a regular.  :D

To bad that doesn't work the same way with mods :D:P

Sure it does.

You mean if I insult CO admin or Keystone, I can lock other peoples topics and ban them from the forum?!! B)

Well not so much like that but I have seen instances where TPTB make crap flippers mods, that's all. :D

To bad that doesn't work the same way with mods B):P

Sure it does.

You mean if I insult CO admin or Keystone, I can lock other peoples topics and ban them from the forum?!! B)

Well not so much like that but I have seen instances where TPTB make crap flippers mods, that's all. :D

You don't say? :D

To bad that doesn't work the same way with mods B):P

Sure it does.

You don't say? :D

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.. B)

if you "regulars" get bored, you could always go cacheing  :D

Y'know, I've got a few more forum posts than you do, and prior to this month I always thought I was making a positive contribution by helping people, making a joke now and then, and contributing my opinion. But I've grown rather tired of the recent themes and thus I've cut back quite a bit on my posting.

So, you're telling me to go find more caches. Hmmmm.... I see I've found more than you have, even though you joined the site several months before I did. What's up with that? Perhaps you need to go find some more caches. Sheesh, I hit 1,200 *months* ago.

See how irrelevant numbers are? I wish folks would quit making such a point of them. Some of us are able to find lots of caches AND contribute positively to the forums. It is all a matter of the time one has available, and whether that free time allows one to be outdoors, or stuck at the computer. I can do a bit of both. And along the way, I've learned to respect the points of view of just about everyone, whether they have low or high counts on their cache page or their forum posts.

It will be easy for me to participate in "regular free week" if I forego my remaining limited substantive posts.

Edited by Keystone Approver

It seems as though a lot of folks are jumping on board with this idea and aren't going to post that week.

Let me be the first to say that I definitely won't be participating in this experiment. I will continue to post when and where I want. As long as I follow the rules of the forums, no one can tell me not to post.

Sheesh Carleenp way to sit on the fence, I think, ok maybey aren't sitting on the fence but I'm not sure...

top pin, when you flip regulars crap, you are a regular. :(

Well, I am often a fence sitter after all! :mad:

I will consider it and try in the general topics forum. But no guarantees. I will definitely post in OT, my regional forum if needed, and getting started or web site if I feel I can be of help and nobody is posting. But I will attempt to stay out of the topics forum. In reality I doubt it will get the participation to work, but I am curious enough about the idea of the experiment to agree to try. I give myself a day or two...... :rolleyes:

WOW, how things do change. When I first started reading this topic, I thought to myself "this could be an intersting idea". However, now I'm not so sure.

If it's voluntary, I say go for it if you want. Knock yourself out. If you don't want to go for it, post to your hearts content. Knock yourself out.

However, if this little "experiment" is forced, ie through bans, well then I say "What?!?". None in these forums has the right to deny the enjoyment of any who have followed the rules, and have behaved themselves. That should go for the mods, and even Jeremy too.

And I must ask, what makes a regular? Almost all of the definitions/limitations given are almost useless.

For example, I've heard that 100 posts should be the cut-off. Or 2 ppd. Well, I have over 100 posts, but my ppd is a measly 0.18. Which should I use? Which do you use? Why should I even bother wondering about this? :rolleyes::(

Anywho, if this does go off as planed, what I see hapening will be that some "regulars" will post, and some will not. New voices may step up and be heard. Old ones may quietly fade away. Questions will be answered. (I doubt that even one newbie will find advice to be lacking). Basicly, the forums, and the game(s) will continue basicly unchanged.

sea dragon,

Nobody is getting banned for this experiment and it is totally voluntary and I agree that I don't see it making a difference.

Quite honestly I would like to see the "regulars" start if they're going to start instead of continuing to talk about it here. That's why they're regulars because they can't even stop posting when talking about stopping posting. :rolleyes::(